I hate sleeping do you hate sleeping?

Options
13»

Replies

• hourrecord2020
    Options
    No its the the i love most in life.

My sleep take me to dreams of lands you cannot imagine.

In top of that rest is the 3rd component of strength gains/ fitness gains

1)Diet
    2)Rest
    3)Exercise
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    I hate sleeping. It is a giant waste of time and I could be doing anything, ANYTHING ELSE. Sure, it is a great way for your body to recover and allows your mind to rest so you don't start hallucinating and go insane. And great for "alone time". And caffeine in the morning is awesome. But still.

Anyone else hate sleeping?

lol, strong unaware.
  • hourrecord2020
    Options
    You've Never been to the olympics..
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Nope. I LOVE sleeping! My favorite moment of every day is when I settle down in my bed with my laptop to wind down and go to sleep.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I hate sleeping. It is a giant waste of time and I could be doing anything, ANYTHING ELSE. Sure, it is a great way for your body to recover and allows your mind to rest so you don't start hallucinating and go insane. And great for "alone time". And caffeine in the morning is awesome. But still.

lol, strong unaware.

:angry:
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options

lol, strong unaware.

:angry:

we're all gonna make it. :wink:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Also forgot to mention that GH peaks at sleep and GH is an important hormone that helps encourage fat loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

You and your science.
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Sleep is the.best.thing.evar. This "sleep hating" is crazy talk. :noway:
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    If one hates sleeping, then the chances of weight loss may be short lived. One actually burns more body fat sleeping (especially in deep sleep) for 6-8 hours than say 2 hours of exercise.

No…
    Yes. When one exercises, glycogen is first burned off. Depending on intensity, glycogen stores can last up to an hour (even more if the intensity of the exercise is moderate).

Fat is burned EXCLUSIVELY when you sleep. The body doesn't store carbs or protein. It stores fat. And fat is the primary fuel when the body is at rest. Not disputed by science.

http://annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=746184

http://highlifeworkout.com/2012/01/23/how-sleep-helps-you-burn-fat-and-build-muscle-faster/

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

This guy really knows his stuff. This is all true by the way. I'll vouch for him.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I hated sleep as a child for the same reasons as the OP.

Then I grew up and sleep became a rare and precious thing which I adore.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    All of you Pro-sleeping people are lazy and should be flogged.

don't mean to offend anyone.....

but even though I sleep A LOT..... Im in way better shape than you.... maybe your problem isn't with the sleeping time, but it is with the couch and the food.. they should be your enemies... you should hate the couch and fries LOL

do you even poop?
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOVE sleep. I get 8-9 hours every night. And if it means going to bed at 9 so be it :happy:
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    lucid dreamer crew checking in.

you jealous i can control my dreams? yea you jealous.
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I do not hate sleeping. I hate that I can't be productive while I sleep but not that much. I realize how important it is to my happiness so I try not to skip on it.
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    @ninerbuff, you have now converted me.

I will no longer see sleep as a Giant waste of time..... a question, if I sleep more than 8 hours a day will I burn more fat? :P
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    lucid dreamer crew checking in.

you jealous i can control my dreams? yea you jealous.

I can do this too, it is amazing, do you also dream in colour?
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I hate sleeping because I'm afraid I'm going to miss something fun. I really hate missing any pole dancing acts like this because they make me smile. Oh well, I guess I can dream about them when I'm asleep.
    pole.jpg
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    DEPENDS with who?