My dinner was FAB and had to share

vanessaxlynne
vanessaxlynne Posts: 67
edited September 21 in Recipes
So I made tonight homemade pizza on a pita bread, yea yea I know not difficult BUT this just came out sooooooooo good I just have to share LOL

I took 1 can of hunts diced tomatoes for my quick sauce (I always like using homemade sauce, never jar) and I just poured it into a pot let it boil and then added some spices, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and basil THEN for my never used before ingredient (which I think is why it came out so good) sun dried tomato paste I put two tbsp of that in a small bowl and mixed with a drizzel of olive oil, then added to sauce, let boil again and set aside. When that cooled, I pureed it in my lil nifty magic bullet. Took 2 tbsp over the pizza, topped with low fat mozzerella, red onion and mixed peppers and VOILA...served on the side some steamed broccoli and wow my taste buds went wild LOL...

It was the best healthy pizza I ever had :)

Oops almost forget, I heated that in the oven on 350 until cheese melted then broiled it on low for a few minutes so it got some what crispy

Think I will make a few more and freeze, for quick and easy dinners :) (BTW I only used like a tsp of chopped red onion...so I didnt even count that in my food tracker)

Replies

• Sound delish!!!! I love Pita pizzas!!!!!
  • Pita pizzas are soooo like totally easy I know it was silly to post but just had to share, I thought it was sooooooo good!!!! OMG LOL:bigsmile:
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    LOVE homemade pizza. i make all kinds of variations. i also use jarred sauce though :ohwell: i use like to use plain dough, flatbread, tortillas, pitas, or english muffins. i just finished eating pizza on the GRILL. its by far the best dough to use in my opinion. i use store bought dough from a local italian deli, and literally just stretch it out and toss it on the grill. then i quickly brush with olive oil and add toppings. you have to work quickly though, or the dough will burn before the cheese is melted all the way. its to die for though!!!
  • YUM on the grill, will DEF have to try :) THX
This discussion has been closed.