Talk to me about weight gain and exercise

dawnna76
dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi I am new here and I am sure this has been asked before at some point but I couldnt find anything.

I have been on WW for about 5 months now and am losing a pound a week on average. I was mildly active and rode my bike to work on average 3 days a week.

Lately I have stepped it up to 5 days a week and also am doing the C25K program with some friends so am running 3 days a week. I started all this 2 weeks ago.

First week I lost .5 lbs and this week I gained 1.5 lbs. I know that it really this is not a big deal and that over time you will have weight fluctuations, but I wonder could I possibly be not eating enough anymore? When I was on WW and losing it was points calculated for a moderatly active person. Now I am much more active and wonder if I need to eat more!

Which brings me to another problem with that. I am not as hungry anymore and really dont want to eat. I know working out can curb appetite but how much?

any advice, words of wisdom or encourgement would be welcome.

Thanks

Replies

• mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,447 Member
    I'd say if you've upped your amount of exercise but not your food, that's probably the culprit!
  • sorellabella
    sorellabella Posts: 133 Member
    Hi I am new here and I am sure this has been asked before at some point but I couldnt find anything.

I have been on WW for about 5 months now and am losing a pound a week on average. I was mildly active and rode my bike to work on average 3 days a week.

Lately I have stepped it up to 5 days a week and also am doing the C25K program with some friends so am running 3 days a week. I started all this 2 weeks ago.

First week I lost .5 lbs and this week I gained 1.5 lbs. I know that it really this is not a big deal and that over time you will have weight fluctuations, but I wonder could I possibly be not eating enough anymore? When I was on WW and losing it was points calculated for a moderatly active person. Now I am much more active and wonder if I need to eat more!

Which brings me to another problem with that. I am not as hungry anymore and really dont want to eat. I know working out can curb appetite but how much?

any advice, words of wisdom or encourgement would be welcome.

Thanks

Glad you brought up this subject as this is also happening to me but was just going to give another week or two before I asked. I'm going into week 4 here and have excercised more now than when I did WW. I'd be curious to find some advice and words of wisdom here too. BTW...I have also been eating most of my excercise calories as almost all the advice I've seen here says to do so.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    By keeping your caloric intake the same, but upping your exercise, you're effectively increasing your deficit. If you don't eat back at least 75% of your workout calories, you're not providing your body with the necessary fuel for it to work out and your body will start to hold on to food, thinking you're starving it. Up your calories 200-300 for a couple weeks and see how that helps. Also make sure you're drinking plenty of water, and watch your sodium intake as excess sodium will cause water retention.
This discussion has been closed.