dessert help

Options
What can I snack on at night that is good for me but still sweet?

I have been having way too much soy or coconut ice cream lately!

has anyone had coconut ice cream? its only got 2 or 3 ingredients in it coconut milk , coconut sugar and sometimes cocoa powder, is that ok?

(no dairy, gluten or almonds)

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    How about some Greek yoghurt with fresh berries and granola.
  • SarahSmilesCA
    SarahSmilesCA Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am going to to redirect you to your daily MFP. You can eat what ever you want provided you are in a calorie deficit.

BUT with that said you should eat at least 100 grams of protein daily (that is like minimum if you are working out), and 5-6 cups of fruits and veggies and 2 or 3 servings of healthy fat. If you have eaten that and are still in a calorie deficit then eat what you want in the calorie guidelines you determined when you set up the app.

For example a triple stuff oreo has 100 calories. Just one cookie. But if I have 100 calories to spare and I have eaten properly the rest of the day I indulge in this treat when I have 100 calories to spare. Likewise when I workout hard, I can enjoy an even larger dessert like an ice cream cone. It is all about what my calorie goal is for the day and how much I worked out.

Yes there are better choices, Greek Yogurt is one of my favs, and look up Protein Fluff, it is great when you need something sweet but high in protein. Whey pudding is another good one.

There is nothing wrong with spending 200-400 calories on what you want if you have eaten what you need and you have exercised. If you earn the calories, eat them the way you want.
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt
    fruit
    advo, tomato, lemon juice and veg
    cottage cheese and salmon or smoked salmon, brended up with lemon juice and veg

I try and have protein every meal and snack

sorry I just saw you were after dessert not snacks silly me :sad: sorry

I normal have choc :smile:

anyone can add me
  • Hollie_R
    Hollie_R Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It's harder now that we're heading into winter now Tan, I hate winter sweets. Well, I don't really, I love them, but I hate them because I want them all the time.

I love Greek yoghurt with a bit of honey in it because we don't have any fresh berries in season. If you really wanted the berries though, I know that Woolies have frozen berries by the packet - handy to have on hand, I assure you (which reminds me, I must get some next shop).

The other thing is just plan, plan, plan. If you know you will want ice cream (my fave winter sweet) when you get home one night after a hard day, work out how you can have it over the course of the day. Or, have a FroYo. Bulla do a great FroYo in a single serve cup, the mango one is my fave. They also do a delicious Choc Mint Sundae in a single serve cup too :P

xx
  • klp1017
    klp1017 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I mix a half cup nonfat vanilla yogurt (sometimes Greek yogurt), a tablespoon peanut butter, and a couple frozen strawberries together. To me, it has the same sweetness as ice cream and I haven't craved ice cream since I started eating it.
  • Etienne54
    Etienne54 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
    2 cups of frozen strawberry
    1 banana
    1 scoop of protein vanilla flavor

Blend it

BAM! Ice cream.
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    What can I snack on at night that is good for me but still sweet?

I have been having way too much soy or coconut ice cream lately!

has anyone had coconut ice cream? its only got 2 or 3 ingredients in it coconut milk , coconut sugar and sometimes cocoa powder, is that ok?

(no dairy, gluten or almonds)

As others have said, so long as you have the calories to spare, you can have whatever you want. I occasionally get a fantastic GF brownie mix (not sure if it's from Gluten Free Pantry or ???) that is to die for. I don't get it frequently, because that's one treat I have trouble eating in "moderation" - It would probably work though to bake it up, cut it into portions and individually wrap and freeze all but one portion. Fruit on it's own or drizzled with chocolate or caramel sauce can "imitate" dessert. Shouldn't be too hard to do a GF apple/spice cake. I've made GF banana bread indistinguishable from the glutenous variety, so many "dessertish" quick breads/ coffee cakes should work. Caramel coated popcorn (like cracker jack (no idea of the calories or serving size). When I was a kid, a favorite "cookie" was powdered sugar frosting on graham crackers - should be a GF cracker that would substitute. Crepes would be great if someone has come up with a thin gluten free pancake that doesn't crumble (besan cheela - made with chickpea flour, has a good "texture"/stability for rolling - has anybody made a "sweet" pancake with chickpea flour?).
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I love ice cream with very few ingredients. If that's what you enjoy and you have the calories to spare, measure it out and eat it! I've been losing weight eating Talenti gelato and it's much better than frozen yogurt! lol.
  • midwesternwind
    midwesternwind Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Coconut ice cream sounds heavenly to me but not sure on healthy LOL For snack if you like ice cream try Dairy Queen fudge bars or orange vanilla bars (both weight watchers recommended) I work at DQ LOL or frozen grapes.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Cut up an apple... add some cinnamon... put it in a coffee mug and pop it in the microwave.... yummy :)

I really like (Dole?) Popsicles... maybe they're Edy's... not sure but they are fruit flavored and only like 20cals
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Fruit drizzled with your favorite syrup is great for a treat -- bananas w/ chocolate, apples w/ caramel.
  • onlythetancan
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions, allot of you suggested yogurt, is coconut yogurt ok ? the soy ones taste like ****