yo yo dieter with no motivation

Options
Hi Everyone, I need some motivation tips and advice, I am in my late 20's and I yo yo diet, I lose about 5 kg then plateau then something inevitably comes up and i gain the weight back.

Right now its cold so I don't want to go out side after dark when i get home from work and i had 2 exercise buddies that quit on me so i am using it as an excuse not exercise.

I have also had allot of dramas lately with the death of a friend and my own health scare so i have used this as an excuse to eat anything i want.

I want to lose weight but i don't want to get down 5kg and then gain it again like i ALWAYS do.
how can i get on track running and stay there?

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Former yo-yo dieter here, having spent most of my adult life swinging my weight one way then the other. I've been greatly helped by the EM2WL group (Eat More to Weight Less). The key is to find the right level of food intake that does not leave you feeling deprived and make it become a way of life, something that you can continue forever.

I'm now fuelling my body correctly, have not 'dieted' in a year and intend to never 'diet' again.

Find your TDEE (here: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ ) and take a maximum 20% cut from it, aiming to lose no more than 1lb per week.

Strength train to preserve lean body mass.
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    quotes like those keeps me going

"If you did have a million-dollar racehorse, would you let him stay up half the night drinking coffee and booze, smoking cigarettes and eating junk food?" "Would you treat your 10-dollar dog or your 5-dollar cat that way? What about your billion-dollar body?"

NOTE TO SELF: When I eat like crap, I feel like crap

"Do not be discouraged by who you are at present. Be motivated by who you WILL become in the future"

at the end of the day if you don't look after yourselft hen who will?

anyone can add me
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Former yo-yo dieter here, having spent most of my adult life swinging my weight one way then the other. I've been greatly helped by the EM2WL group (Eat More to Weight Less). The key is to find the right level of food intake that does not leave you feeling deprived and make it become a way of life, something that you can continue forever.

I'm now fuelling my body correctly, have not 'dieted' in a year and intend to never 'diet' again.

Find your TDEE (here: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ ) and take a maximum 20% cut from it, aiming to lose no more than 1lb per week.

Strength train to preserve lean body mass.

Nicely said, you don't diet

I don't diet this is my life style
  • onlythetancan
    Options
    Thanks, I do believe it should be a lifestyle rather than a diet it's just so hard when you are so busy all the time and sometimes its just easier not to pick the healthy option. I have a week pass at my local gym so I guess I will see how that goes....