I really can't still blame it on the baby weight 3 years lat

Options
Hello all,
I am new to this site (found it through my Ipod app, lucky me!) I am the mother of a very active 2 1/2 year old and the wife of a deployed Army soldier. I have been battling my weight since I was pregnant with my son (I gained allmost 60 lbs) and after my husband deployed I started to crack down on loosing the weight, I strugled the first 3 months to loose it "on my own" and with out any results I started Nutrisystem and going 5-6 days a week to the gym. well, I am still keeping up with the gym, and have managed to loose 17 lbs but I can't stand nutrisystem, anything that comes in unrefrigerated boxes that you nuke for 45 sec is not for me. don't get me wrong, some of it was okay, but I would rather spend the money on something I would fully enjoy. So a friend of mine was telling me that counting your calories is the best way to loose weight because you can actually see what your eating, so I atarted browsing apps on my ipod touch and tadaa! So far I really love this site and the app, it is super easy to fill out and goes everywhere, so I have no excuse not to log it! My hubby comes home for a two week R&R next week, so maybe by the time his next break rolls around I will have been able to drop the last 20lbs that are hanging around.
-Katie

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is a great site and will definitely help you with your calorie tracking. When you workout, make sure to eat at least 75% of your workout calories to make sure you give your body enough fuel. There are tons of topics here for new folks so dive in - they've got great info!

I want to thank your husband for his service and your dedication to him while he serves! God bless you all and good luck with your weight loss :flowerforyou:
  • TubOlard
    TubOlard Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I would first like to say "Thank You!" to you and your husband for his service to this country. It truly takes a strong person and sacrifice to guard the freedoms of this country and I want to show my gratitude by just saying "Thanks".

Second, welcome to the site. I am a newbie here myself. I just signed up last week and it has been a real eye opener to count your calories and see how much you are actually eating. You can still have some great foods. Just track absolutely everything and cut back on your portions. I didn't think I could do it, but I have more will power than I thought I had.

Good luck to you on your journey!
  • kbcrog08
    kbcrog08 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you for the "thanks" :happy: I was courious though, about eating the extra calories you burn, I allways thought you had to burn more than you take in and that is why your body burns its reserve fat, could someone explain eating the extra? (now I get why the calorie counter added 400 calories back to my total...)
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And yes, as otherwise stated here already, "THANK YOU, & YOUR HUBBY" for all the sacrifices you are both making to serve this country! It take's one heck of a person to be away from the one you love for such a long period of time, and honey, if you can do that, then that last 20lbs is going to be a cinch with the help you will find here! I have tried several diets, and new fads, and have failed on all of them. After 4 pregnancies, and 5 children, I haven't been under 175 lbs since I was 14. Now at 43, for some reason I actually care what I look like. At my highest weight of 255 in Jan., I was miserable. I tried alone to loose weight, and got to 247 by March 18th when I started here. I am now at 213 lbs, and have lost 26.5 inches off of my body. I no longer feel like a failure! I could not have done it without the support of the people here! You took the first step by joining! Now prepare yourself to succeed!