Clean Eating Meal Plans - about 5 Meals a day

Options
Hey guys!

I upped my calories and I want to eat about 5 little meals a day (only clean eating) in order to boost my metabolism!
How does the same? I need some suggestions on what to eat! Please help!

Here's a sample plan, but I really ran out of ideas.... :(

Breakfast
Bowl of porridge made with water and topped with a handful of blueberries, strawberries and spoon of low-fat natural yoghurt.

Mid morning
Piece of fruit and a small handful of unsalted almonds.

Lunch
Grilled chicken breast with a large salad and a drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice with a slice of homemade bread made from wholewheat flour.

Mid afternoon
Bowl of homemade vegetable soup.

Dinner
Grilled salmon steak with boiled new potatoes and steamed veg. Plus a bowl of fruit salad topped with low-fat natural yoghurt.

So please give me some ideas! Do u know any sites where there are such meal plans for free?

Lucy

Replies

• SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese with salmon ( i like smoked) or any fish, lemon juice and blend it up eat with veggie

veggies with peanut sauce (homemade)

hummus and veggies

Omelet with cheese or without, I put any left-over veggies

I have a home make cheese recipe if you want it ( or if anyone else wants it message/add me

anyone can add me
  • luziferl
    luziferl Posts: 82
    Options
    thank you for your ideas!! :)

anyone else? :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I upped my calories and I want to eat about 5 little meals a day (only clean eating) in order to boost my metabolism!

Hate to break it to you, but eating 5x a day and clean isn't going to boost your metabolism compared to eating less meals a day and less clean foods, holding cals and macros constant.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Hate to break it to you, but eating 5x a day and clean isn't going to boost your metabolism compared to eating less meals a day and less clean foods, holding cals and macros constant.

This ^^
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Take a gigantic meal that's really tasty and fits whatever requirements you have for it...and split it into fifths
  • luziferl
    Options

it really sucks because everywhere i go I get different information about how to boost your metabolism. on the one page you read "stick to your 3 meals a day" and on the other "Eat five to six small meals throughout the day. Although it sounds counterproductive, eating frequently can actually rev up the metabolism. Each meal should be approximately 3 hours apart."

i am utterly confused, however, i think it should not really differ as I stick to my calorie intake and try to net between 1200 and my TDEE minus 20! so i should lose right?
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    it really sucks because everywhere i go I get different information about how to boost your metabolism. on the one page you read "stick to your 3 meals a day" and on the other "Eat five to six small meals throughout the day. Although it sounds counterproductive, eating frequently can actually rev up the metabolism. Each meal should be approximately 3 hours apart."

you can't increase your metabolism to any significant extent with food choices or food timing. anyone telling you that you can either doesn't know any better or is lying to you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/820577-meal-frequency-rev-up-that-furnace-lol

Pick food that you like, that is mostly vitamin and mineral dense (your so called clean foods) and eat those within your allowance, you are more likely to stick to that than having to eat the same thing over and over day after day.
    i think it should not really differ as I stick to my calorie intake and try to net between 1200 and my TDEE minus 20! so i should lose right?

yes
  • luziferl
    Options

you can't increase your metabolism to any significant extent with food choices or food timing. anyone telling you that you can either doesn't know any better or is lying to you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/820577-meal-frequency-rev-up-that-furnace-lol

Pick food that you like, that is mostly vitamin and mineral dense (your so called clean foods) and eat those within your allowance, you are more likely to stick to that than having to eat the same thing over and over day after day.
    i think it should not really differ as I stick to my calorie intake and try to net between 1200 and my TDEE minus 20! so i should lose right?

yes

THANKS! :)
  • fitgal05
    fitgal05 Posts: 149
    Options
    Nothing is wrong with clean eating though, reguardless if it boosts or not. I think healthy choices are better and the less processed the better.