14 pounds (1 stone) by June 1st anyone? :)

Options
So I've never really done this but I'm gonna give it a try. I wanna challenge myself (and anyone who wants to do this with me!). Unfortunately, I really struggle sticking to my diet and fitness regime so I'm looking for ways to motivate myself.

Maybe a challenge is what I'm looking for? Anyone can join in with me, the more the merrier. If no one wants to do it, fair enough, I'll try do it alone.

The challenge is 14 pounds by June 1st. I set this goal as June 6th is my birthday, I want a reason celebrate. I'm turning 20, I'm leaving the teens. Its a big step for me, why not do it 14 pounds lighter?

I'm gonna try do this by keeping to 1200 calories per day and attempting to complete at least 60 minutes of any exercise per day. Hopefully it'll work. :) Who knows though!

Replies

• charlotte_xxxx
    Options
    i will try to, my birthday is the 2nd of june and am looking to lose 18lbs but i dont think that is gonna happen so i will try this with you :)

just added you too!

good luck girly! xxx
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    14 pounds in one month? That's certainly challenging!

I think it might be feasible if you have a lot to lose, but really, 8-10 pounds in one month is a more realistic goal.
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    That's a lot! But not hugely excessive. Good luck!
  • 294Rich
    294Rich Posts: 171 Member
    Options
  • ahoysarah
    ahoysarah Posts: 16
    Options
    I understand it may sound like a lot, I just didn't know where to start!

I have quite a lot to lose, I am 174 currently and on my 5' frame, its pretty big. So I just wanted to try a challenge. :)

I might not do it, but I might. I'm just trying and maybe I'll inspire some other people along the way. Hahaaa.
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I have around 15 pounds to reach my goal weight and 7 pounds to become normal weight...I think I will try to lose those 7 pounds...don't think losing 14 pounds would be easy and healthy...I don't want to gain the weight back and starve myself...Hope it works for you!But you could try to lose up to 10 pounds if you have just started and if you have lots to lose...All the best!
  • cheliki
    cheliki Posts: 33
    Options
    I'd love to lose a stone by the 1st! I go and see Green Day that day :D

I weigh 14st 5lbs at the moment, so I'm gonna work hard!

I love the compliments I'm getting already :D I've lost 10lbs so far and everyone's saying 'you can see a difference in your face!'.

Anyone can add me :)
  • skyestevenson00
    Options
    I will do it with you! We are practically in the same boat :) add me :) x
  • ahoysarah
    Options
    I won't be going to any drastic measures to lose the 14 pounds! Its just an ideal goal for me. :) I'm sticking to 1200 calories and exercising for at least 60 minutes a day. We'll see where thats gets me. :)

Anyone can join, set your own goals, see if you can reach them. :)
  • ahoysarah
    Options
    I want someone to compliment me cheliki! :( Hahaaa.

And good luck to anyone who is gonna try does this challenge. I didn't think I'd get this much intertest. :)
  • russharris23
    Options
    I've lost 25lbs in 6 weeks, you can reach your goals in time don't get discouraged just keep telling yourself it will be well worth it in the end. Good luck and I hope you succeed.
  • ahoysarah
    Options
    Thank you for the motivation russharris23 :) I'm gonna try my hardest! :)
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Options
    I won't be going to any drastic measures to lose the 14 pounds! Its just an ideal goal for me. :) I'm sticking to 1200 calories and exercising for at least 60 minutes a day. We'll see where thats gets me. :)

To lose that much weight, 14 lbs in 30 days, you are going to have to burn 1633 calories per day more than you take in. That is a lot.. I am going to try and follow your progress & hope you make it.
  • werneket
    werneket Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm all on it. I have the same goal, was hopeing to reach it by May 16 but I lost focus. :smile:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i would advise that you take at least one rest day per week... rest is as important as exercise.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 stones in 80 days, You can make it too! no horrid diet, just 1800 cal a day and twice a week swimming pool. Good luck :)
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options

To lose that much weight, 14 lbs in 30 days, you are going to have to burn 1633 calories per day more than you take in. That is a lot..

Not burn 1633 more than she takes in. I think you meant 1633 less than her TDEE?

She can eat at a 1000 deficit and burn 600 with exercise.
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    With it being a long month it is possible but I would say to only aim for 10 lbs tops. My goal is 10 lbs for May. Feel free to send an add.

When I first started weight loss last time, (I gained 1/2 back :() I lost 10 lbs for my first 3- 4 months after that it was about 5 a month then 3 lbs average a month the closer I got to my goal the harder it was.

14 lbs is possible but the real question is do u want a quick fix or a lifestyle change where you can maintain your loss for life?
  • ahoysarah
    Options
    Well 10 pounds would be great, 14 would be better. Its just a target, any weight I lose will be amazing in my eyes. :)

I just want some focus, something to aim for so this is it. I don't know too much about deficits and things like that, i'm just looking to lose some weight for my birthday!

I will try exercise everyday but some days lighter than others with exercise such as walking, if it does get too much I will obviously rest. I'm not going to drastic measures like I explained before, I want to be safe and healthy at the same time, so if it did get too much, I'm gonna call it off!

I'm just trying to get motivated, and hopefully, motivate others, that's all. :)
  • Perixi
    Perixi Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I might not make that much but I need the challenge so im in!