Sugar

Options
:smile: I'm new to MFP and have been startled by my sugar intake. I normally have a medium large apple mid-morning. It has a LOT of sugar and it's the item most responsible for my overshooting the sugar goal set by MFP everyy day. I can't even have a second fruit during the day. Now I know there's a big difference in the metabolism of fructose from fruit vs other sugars like sucrose and high fructose corn syrup, but MFP doen't make that distinction. Is there a workaround for this problem or should I ban fruit from my diet. I'd hate to do that but I guess I could replace the fruit with some veggies.

Replies

• Karenannmo
    Karenannmo Posts: 118
    Options
    Hi there, I've been seeing the same problem with my food diary. I believe that if you are within your calorie goal and the sugar intake is more from a natural source like fruits and veggies or from low fat dairy I wouldn't worry about it. Hope this helps :happy:
  • jmacdona2
    jmacdona2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the response. I like your dog......that isn't a bear, is it??? :smile:
  • RubyRunner14
    RubyRunner14 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Sugar from natural sources like fruit is just fine. If it's in your cal limit you're fine. They only measure 28g limit for processed sugars. Most people on here switch out the sugar track for fiber or sodium b/c they can't stand seeing the red after two fruit servings.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Here's a great sugar FAQ by yarwell that should answer all of your questions -- including how to change your sugar goal to something that you think is reasonable. Good luck. :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1017237-so-what-s-with-this-sugar-then-faq