Actually yes you have put weight on!! NOW I'm motivated

Options
So my brother called over yesterday. We are very close and he always says it as it is. I was sitting in the garden and just mentioned that I felt a bit podgy. He said yeah you ave put weight on haven't you. It's on your bum. And your boobs.
I couldn't concentrate on anything else all day. Haha. He didn't say it in a nasty way or to hurt my feelings. But it's the truth.
I am only 5 ft 1 and not huge. 9stone 3. But it's the heaviest I've been other than being pregnant. 12 lbs to lose
I am on medication for anxiety Citalopram for last 5 months and I know this has played a part in the weight gain. But seriously THAT is it. *kitten* kicked now.

Replies

• dimsumkitty
    dimsumkitty Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I was like that with my weight gain too, needed my boyfriend to point it out before I realised it was too much. Sometimes when we're looking at ourselves in the mirror every day, we don't notice the changes...

Now to get that to happen again, just with weight loss!
  • sarahjalink
    sarahjalink Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Go you! I'm also on Citalopram and I blame that for my weight increase the last couple of years (although I was on it in my skinny days). Good luck on your quest :)