Replies

• Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I prefer methamphetamine.
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Whenever you see the Name Dr. Oz be very wary.

This.
  • tbatteate
    tbatteate Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link, I read about the study. I would love to have a legit one to read as wel~l
  • tbatteate
    Options
    Yeah, thanks. I'm new to MFP and was suprised not by what some people had to say, but how they chose to say it :frown:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Yeah, thanks. I'm new to MFP and was suprised not by what some people had to say, but how they chose to say it :frown:

You mean by one person calling it a mental crutch, which in no way is actually insulting towards you or your character, but rather an assessment you AGREED with concerning the product?
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I prefer methamphetamine.

I used dextramphetamine
  • sweetierue
    sweetierue Posts: 2
    Options
    I tried Green coffee Bean extract and was also drinking 2-3 cups of coffee in the morning. Before I tried it, coffee never affected me. I developed heart palpitations. Went to have them checked and I had to spend the night in the hospital and had several tests done. Had insurance but still spent my own money to find out nothing serious. I cut out caffeine altogether and stopped taking them. They are gone now, so I must be sensitive to caffeine. My doc said there is no magic pill. Just watch your calories and exercise. Be careful.
  • Dewdropps
    Dewdropps Posts: 111
    Options
    FYI, Dr. Oz states quite plainly that he doesn't endorse this or any other product. His name is sometimes used illegally, but it is 100% not his endorsement. Go check out his channel on Youtube or go to his facebook/twitter pages and you will see.

Coffee raises your metabolism, but only by some way out number like .000001 %. It's not bad to have a cup or two of java throughout the day, but thinking it is anything other than what it is is not healthy. Do a bit of research please.
  • Amie_Girl
    Amie_Girl Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    thanks! I think I'll give it a try, at least I'll have the placebo effect fot moral support! Any side effects? jitters or headache?

Hey, give me the money instead and I'll give you all the moral support you can handle.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz jumps the gun again. From WebMD: "Weight loss. Some research shows that taking green coffee extract (Svetol, Naturex) 80-200 mg daily might cause modest weight loss over a period of 12 weeks. However, the research so far is preliminary and poor quality."

It also contains caffeine so consider that in your consumption of it or save your money and have a cup of coffee.
  • tbatteate
    Options
    No, it was more the, " Why even try to lose weight in the first place if you aren't ready for the commitment?" I was asking for individual's personal experiences with the product.
  • blleadon
    blleadon Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I read about how the chlorogenic acid is supposed to slow the rate of glucose entering the blood stream, not necessarily dependent on any caffeine. I only take one when I eat somwthig higher on the glycemic index just out of curiosity. I think it helps with that and that alone. Not really a fat burner.