MFP settings for calories & other ques...

ziesergirl_66
ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,010 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
so, if I follow the calorie level MFP has me set at, I WILL LOSE WT? will I have to tweek it at some point? will my calorie levels change with wt loss? is it better to log one day at a time, like the nite before or to log an entire week? thanks for all your help.

Replies

• Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    I'm new here too. I have my MFP goal set to lose 2lbs/wk and so far I have lost my goal each week. I try to stay within my calorie goal (including exercise calories) by 250 each day, not going too far under or over and I see the results. Every body is different though, hopefully you'll see the same results! :) I haven't had to tweak anything yet except adding in my weigh ins.

I love this site :).
  • JackieLM
    JackieLM Posts: 127 Member
    I log in daily, it keeps me on track food wise. I weigh in after a few days. It gives me a feeling of accomplishment when I see it go down. I set my goals myself. I felt that the amount that they put was too high. I can't take in that much eating healthy food.... so I never hit it. It will ask you to readjust they goals every time you lose 10 pounds. Hope this helps.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    so, if I follow the calorie level MFP has me set at, I WILL LOSE WT? Yes

will I have to tweek it at some point? No, MFP does it every 10 pounds or so. when you change your weight your calories will automatically adjust. Now it depends on your weight. I am at a point where the calories to eat dont change, but the amount of weight I will lose does. I get 1200 calories and lose 1/2 pound a week.

will my calorie levels change with wt loss? yes

is it better to log one day at a time, like the nite before or to log an entire week? It depends on your time and personality. I had the opportunity to log each meal as I go along because I work from home. When I had to work for 3 months in the office, I logged the night before using the foods I had in the fridge. Some feel this is the only way because you can plan.

Even work in your exercise calories if you know you will exercise.

Good luck!!! :flowerforyou:
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Log daily--it's a lot easier than having to remember what you ate at the beginning of the week (and what portion size, too). As far as following the set plan, I've lost more weight than I planned for at each weigh-in (except when I went away for a weekend and ate a bunch of junk food and didn't log anything--gained some back then)--so yes, MFP works!
  • ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,010 Member
    thanks for all the tips! have lots to learn here...have a great weekend everyone! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.