Nervous about free weights

Options
2»

Replies

• notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I was at LA Fitness when I started to go into the free weights section. I can tell you that I was reading a mental self help book, and there was something in it called the 3 second rule. If you want to go into the free weights section, make the decision in less than 3 seconds, then follow through with it, and like Nike says "Just do it". If you wait too long, you will fill you mind up with nervous things to prevent you from getting in there. From what I find, no one is looking at me when I go. They are focused on their own workout. Hope this helps.
  • knitbytes
    knitbytes Posts: 114
    Options
    Update! I steeled myself and did the free weights! It wasn't bad at all, really, though I'm pretty sure my squat technique is terrible. I'll have to practice without weights, at home, to figure it out better. No one looked at me or said anything, so I'm thinking it's a win!

Also, holy heck, it was HARD! I used 10 pound dumbbells because I figured I should start super light to get my form down, and by the 3rd set of each exercise I was wrecked! I made it through though and I feel great. Just had a protein shake and already looking forward to Saturday's gym session! :)

Thank you all for the support!