To anyone who's succeeded in getting a flat stomach/abs

Options
Hi everyonee :)
If you've been successful at getting your "dream body" I need your advice. My goal is to get my abdominal area more toned, and especially to shed a bit of my love handles. I've been going to the gym for around 4 months now, and today a trainer told me I won't get that body unless I stop eating all forms of carbohydrates after 6 pm. And do only 3 weight-training sessions per week. It was discouraging because I just got settled into and comfortable with my routine after making adjustments this whole time. She also suggested I should just hire a personal trainer because I can't get to my goal on my own.
Gym routine (plus 30 minutes of cardio with each weight-training day):
Day 1 - Legs (machines)
Day 2 - Chest & Shoulders
Day 3 - Cardio only (45 minutes)
Day 4; Glutes and abs (on the mat + free weights)
Day 5: Biceps & Triceps

As for my food habits, I usually like my meals to be complete, even if it's just 50 grams of brown rice alongside a steak and some veggies. Which is why that carb comment was annoying. I have proteins at every meal and usually carbs at 2 meals plus some fruits for snacks.
What do you all think? In your experience, is what she said true? And did you significantly cut down your carb intakes? Please share as much information as you want!
Oh and feel free to add me!

Thank you all xx

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    3x full body strength training i agree with. plus you dont nedd loads of cardio, 1 or 2 HIIT sessions a week is plenty.

i dont agree with the no carbs after 6 pm, i am usually only just finishing my workout at 6.

my stomach is getting better, its still not there yet, but i have lost bodyfat since i started insanity.