Fitbit Flex - Any Opinions?

Options

Replies

• roxxie25
    roxxie25 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I got mine from a Best Buy store this morning. I have never used a Fitbit before so I have no frame of reference, but so far I am LOVING it
  • Tita1987
    Tita1987 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hi everyone! i got the flex bit band yesterday today i've been wearing it.. the only thing is that i dont understand the whole thing about the calories i've burned and how its supposed to sync to my fitness pal. i cant use my phone to sync i would have to use the computer since my phone is outdated.. :( i wont get an upgrade until october but i still wanted the flex so bad. how does the whole estimated calories work on here? would it update when i complete my food log for the day? im so confused. :sad:
  • goldstargeek
    goldstargeek Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just bought mine today! Its on the charger now. Going to retire my pink Zip that I usually wear on my bra. I initially had the one and loved it but it didnt sync to the phone back when I bought it. I want to track my sleep because Ive noticed I have my biggest losses after Ive had a solid 8 hours. I think this is just one more piece of the puzzle of understanding my own body and how it works :)
  • agulamali
    agulamali Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I bought the Fitbit One just because I'd prefer to not wear a wristband. Personally, I love it, but it's tiny so if you get one be careful if you're prone to losing things.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I've been waiting for it to come out, but now I think I'd rather have one with a display. Decisions...
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 with the Flex and I still miss my One. I loved my flower and being able to see my steps on the display. I did like the sleep tracking with the Flex, and I'm getting used to the wristband, although it's a pain to clasp. It just feels like a step down from the One in many ways, although at least I won't lose it, which I am prone to do.
  • margieyoumans
    margieyoumans Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Bought the flex yesterday and have been trying ever since to get it set up. NOTHING. I'm computer savy and still can't get it to work. Have even followed to the letter, Fitbit's website instructions NOTHING. I do believe I will be returning it!
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I love my FitBit One! I like how I can clip it on and forget about it. I think having something on my wrist all day would be annoying, and there's no display!
  • sunshinestater
    Options
    Bought the flex yesterday and have been trying ever since to get it set up. NOTHING. I'm computer savy and still can't get it to work. Have even followed to the letter, Fitbit's website instructions NOTHING. I do believe I will be returning it!
    It sounds like you got a defective one. I didn't have too much trouble setting mine up, other than the fact that there's no manual so you have to go online for instructions. The only glitch I had was that the app totally frozen my Android phone (no trouble on my iPad Mini), and now it's working just fine and syncing away.
  • buford692
    buford692 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have the original Fitbit (3rd one - the first of which I dropped in a pool and the second one I left in a hotel) I LOVE this thing!!! I feel naked when I forget to put it on. Not sure about the Flex but I really have no need to change from my original one.
    Sunshinestate: call or email the company with your issue ... I had a problem with one of mine and these guys have excellent customer service. I am not a rep or related to this company in any way - just very appreciative of how wonderfully they took care of my issues.
  • sunshinestater
    Options
    Buford, the app is working now, but I agree about the customer service. Had a problem with my very first Fitbit and they were a great help. My husband has that one now, and it's held together with Super Glue at this point! He's probably hoping I'll learn to love my Flex so he can take my One.
  • LadyThanata
    LadyThanata Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm on day two with the flex.

It wont sync anymore with my Android phone. It worked yesterday and earlier today and then stopped.

It often logs steps for when I am just sitting around, blow drying my hair or showering.

I'm not sure how much I understand the calorie portion. It says today I burned 4k in calories because i walked 9 miles around the village and Chelsea piers in NYC. when I log the amount of minutes walking at a 2.5 on MFP it says I burned 1k in calories.

The clasp is a B I T C H. Took me forever to get comfortable. You have to mush the clasp down first and make sure its completely flat and then on a 90 degree angle push one at a time the little pegs.... Seriously took me 25 minutes to figure this out yesterday.

It's comfortable enough to wear to sleep. I wore it last night without a problem.

I think I would have enjoyed my walk today if the app would have worked on my phone ( Droid 4).

I told myself- I would give it one week- If I don't like it- I'm returning it to Best Buy.

Anyone else having issues?

Also- its on my NON-dominate hand. When I woke up this morning and checked, it said i walked 45 steps, from my bed to computer ( about 3 feet)..... Maybe I set it up wrong?

It sits tightly against my wrist, should it be lose?
  • sunshinestater
    Options
    I have mine s.ightly loose. Tonight I was 77 steps away from 10,000, so I deliberately counted out the steps and it vibrated right on the 77th. I'm sure it's not always that accurate, but that was pretty cool.
  • LadyThanata
    LadyThanata Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i losen it, to where i can slightly tug it back n forth. lets see how tomorrow fares for me.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    Mine just showed up in the mail. Originally had some shipping issues with Best Buy, the tracking number didn't exist on the UPS site even though it briefly showed me tracking info. I'm supposed to be getting a $20 refund for the inconvenience. I need to go get it set up. Looking forward to playing with it.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    i dont understand the love for these, arent they just posh looking pedometers, or am i missing something?

This is exactly what I thought...until I spent hours researching them. Now I want one, too. There is a lot more to them than just counting steps.
  • kgoodman0108
    kgoodman0108 Posts: 158
    Options
    I really wanted one, until I read reviews once it was released. It's just a fancy pedometer, in my opinion. It doesn't count stairs like other Fitbit's, and does not monitor heart rate. I do boxing, and it wouldn't serve much of a purpose for me... besides telling me how may steps I take around my office.
  • positivespin29
    positivespin29 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had to return my Jawbone Up, it broke after two weeks and I read waaaay too many people giving feedback on forums that they had problems, broke, returned, exchanged and still had problems. So, I have been holding out for the Flex band and should be at my door today. Can't wait! I've enjoyed the FitBit One for a couple of years and it's opened my eyes to my activity, sleep, miles, etc. I love it and highly recommend FitBit products. They're solid, never have had any problems with mine. The scale is pretty cool too.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I really wanted one, until I read reviews once it was released. It's just a fancy pedometer, in my opinion. It doesn't count stairs like other Fitbit's, and does not monitor heart rate. I do boxing, and it wouldn't serve much of a purpose for me... besides telling me how may steps I take around my office.

That's what I've been trying to figure out. I was intrigued by this. The heart rate monitors I've tried so far don't work for me. The first one didn't count calories so it was obsolete, and the second one must have a problem with the chest strap. In the middle of my workout it will say that my heart rate drops by more than half for five or ten seconds, then jump back up. I guess I'll have to do more research on monitors - I doubt a pedometer-type device would give me accurate readings for weight lifting and kickboxing.

ETA: The quote I was referring to.
  • kgoodman0108
    kgoodman0108 Posts: 158
    Options

That's what I've been trying to figure out. I was intrigued by this. The heart rate monitors I've tried so far don't work for me. The first one didn't count calories so it was obsolete, and the second one must have a problem with the chest strap. In the middle of my workout it will say that my heart rate drops by more than half for five or ten seconds, then jump back up. I guess I'll have to do more research on monitors - I doubt a pedometer-type device would give me accurate readings for weight lifting and kickboxing.

ETA: The quote I was referring to.

Yeah, I'm at a loss on what to do. I really want a way of getting a more accurate picture of how many calories I burn, but I can't seem to find a heart monitor that is worth purchasing.