Be Brave

Options
I only weigh once a month for two reasons:

1. I'm really working hard to make it not about the scale, even though that number really does need to go down along the way.

2. My body is just going to lose slowly. No sense in getting a daily/weekly reminder of that and breaking my own heart.

So I hopped on this morning and was 2.5 pounds down. That's a really good month for me. But what's even cooler than just losing a few is how POWERFUL I feel right now.

Want to know why?

Because I am teaching myself to ignore the perfectly legit reasons why getting strong and fit can't happen for me. When I first stopped eating too little and started doing this the right way I didn't say anything but inside I was TERRIFIED. What if I let go of my crutch and self-fulfilling prophesies, and really throw myself into lifting weights, running, eating properly, rest, rinse, repeat...and it doesn't work?

That was a big risk. I took it. It's working. It feels like nothing I've known.

So, if you have some reason, some issue that presents a challenge for weight loss, and if you know in the back of your mind that you get a little comfortable relying on it, I want to extend an invitation to you. Try life with no excuses for a while. If you decide to be fully accountable for your failures, you also get to be fully accountable for your successes.

The former sucks and is scary. The latter...euphoria. So much so that my first instinct was "holy @#$% this feels good, I must spread this allllllllll around." And I sure hope, for just one person, I have.

You're strong and beautiful, and there is no limit to what you can accomplish save the one you set. Be brave. You will be rewarded for it.

tl;dr too bad go back and read it it's important.

Replies

• BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Try life with no excuses for a while. If you decide to be fully accountable for your failures, you also get to be fully accountable for your successes.

The former sucks and is scary. The latter...euphoria. So much so that my first instinct was "holy @#$% this feels good, I must spread this allllllllll around." And I sure hope, for just one person, I have.

You're strong and beautiful, and there is no limit to what you can accomplish save the one you set. Be brave. You will be rewarded for it.

tl;dr too bad go back and read it it's important.

What a terrific post!! I LOVE the idea of life with no excuses.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You are amazing. I'm so glad you are on my friend list.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart:

ETA:
    tumblr_lu7mfa2bI01qmrlovo1_500_zps51d020cd.gif
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love.

Fabulous post.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Excellent post. Fantastic!!

tumblr_m6wkqu269Z1qihztbo1_500.gif
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I love this! Srs.

tumblr_mb0hu5LjdK1rvkorv.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I <3 this post.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    What if I let go of my crutch and self-fulfilling prophesies, and really throw myself into lifting weights, running, eating properly, rest, rinse, repeat...and it doesn't work?

This held me back for SO DAMN LONG. It's still a daily struggle but I'm slowly winning out over the self-fulfilling prophecies. Thank for sharing!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Great post!
    I had the same issue with the scales. It had gotten to the point where the number I saw in the morning set the tone for my day. So I stopped weighing myself. My last weigh in was March 3rd. I plan on weighing in again July 10th. I work out, and eat right. My body IS changing. Suck it scales!
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Love it!! Eff that scale!
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Because I am teaching myself to ignore the perfectly legit reasons why getting strong and fit can't happen for me. When I first stopped eating too little and started doing this the right way I didn't say anything but inside I was TERRIFIED. What if I let go of my crutch and self-fulfilling prophesies, and really throw myself into lifting weights, running, eating properly, rest, rinse, repeat...and it doesn't work?

That was a big risk. I took it. It's working. It feels like nothing I've known.

Me too! Doing the same thing and I can't even begin to describe how scared I am and how hard it is but I just keep going :smile: I hope I can make a post like this in the near future :flowerforyou:
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Good attitude!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Really great post, thank you! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • mathera26
    mathera26 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Well said!!!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    great post
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Amazing! And so true. I don't have a medical reason for not losing weight, just the millions of excuses anyone can come up with in their daily life. I had to tell myself that I could make as many excuses as I want, but it didn't change the fact that I wasn't happy. Taking control is so empowering, and it feels good to conquer those "excuses" you once relied on. It makes me wonder what took me so long...
  • roosterfish81
    roosterfish81 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you posted this and that I read it today.
    Thank you <3
  • kevinjb1
    kevinjb1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Great read. Loved it!

Very relatable too!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    I can remember thinking that I was very special in that something that would work for thousands of people wouldn't work for me. It was a legitimate belief that made sticking to a plan practically impossible. Talk about distorted thinking!
  • sdbart
    sdbart Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I like what you said, thank you