Can you make your own Shakeology?

Options
Zomg that is right - I posted a topic featuring the word Shakeology! (::ducks for cover::) Listen, I bought a bag of chocolate Shakeology because I thought it tasted good. That is all. I just don't want to buy another one... at least not right now. I do not care that you BB coaches think it is an amazing deal because it's only like $4 a serving ($3 if i were a coach! ... No. I stretched out my one bag for over 6 weeks and had a giant serving of it every day so I think I am the winner here at like $2.75 a serving. Suckers.) or that the rest of you think I'm a sucker for spending that kind of money on a bag of chocolate flavored powder.

ANYWAY... I do not care if you think it is a gimmick or a godsend. I have a brain and can use it. I just want to come up with my own amazing "supershake" (can I trademark that?? DIBS.) for less than the cost of naming rights to my firstborn and is a little more versatile.

Sometimes I want it to taste like a delicious fruit smoothie. Sometimes I want to put cocoa and peanut butter in it. I want protein powder that mixes up nice and smooth and is preferably full of lots of healthy veggie things that I probably have a tough time eating every day. Also, I don't want gross tasting protein powder -- and definitely no artificial sweeteners. I want pre/probiotics to keep my terrible digestive system in check. I do not want to blend spinach and kale. (Although I read somewhere that someone froze spinach into ice cubes and I thought that was a genius idea to consider) But mostly I just want it to taste good, because I like food (and that is why I am here, obvi.)

Thoughts? Sorry for the one millionth smoothie post, I know what fruits I like (frozen bananas, mangoes and strawberries just FYI) so I don't need your awesome flavor combos... I just want ideas on how to make it more complete. And then we can take our SUPERSHAKE(tm) recipe to the masses and make millions from it! Right?

Replies

• escapethevillage
    Options
    I was searching for an answer to this myself. I was wondering what i'd need to add to a less expensive shake to make it a good nutrition while still being easy. I've seen some recipes on Youtube, but they seem like more work than I was hoping for. I was actually hoping to be able to mix a few ziplocks full, and have them ready.