Healthy lunch snacks for kids in school

Options
rosem1020
rosem1020 Posts: 41 Member
Hi everyone,

My kids are so sick and tired of my lunch making. I try to include fruits and veggies and 1 treat a day which is usually a 100 calorie snack thing or something small but they are bored. i am looking to mix things up for them. i have done carrots with hummus, greek yorgurt, and berries, and boring things like that but I would like them to look forward to opening their lunches, not dreading what I put in. boring sandwiches or soups. need fresh and new ideas

Replies

• mrsparoline
    Options
    I feel your pain! Here's a few things that have worked for my son:
    -Pizza rolls. I spread a little marinara on a whole grain tortilla, sprinkle some cheese, roll it up, and cut it into bite sized sections
    -Homemade fruit cups. Every once in awhile I'll have my son pick out a few fruits and we'll make fruit cups out of them
    -Baked apple or banana chips
    -Homemade trail mix. Again, I'll let him pick out a few ingredients (we mix it up every time) to make our own.

Usually when he gets to help pick it out and make it, he eats a ton more of the healthy stuff. Good luck!
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    String cheese, peanut butter banana sandwiches (or wraps), what about lettuce wraps? way more interesting than sandwiches. Lots of fruit...mangoes, grapes, and cutie oranges are my personal favorites. what about celery and peanut butter/raisins? ants on a log...not boring at all! :) Homemade granola bars are a good idea too. Hope this helps you out a little!