I Made It and Here's Ten Practical Ways How

Options

Replies

• LennieRose
    LennieRose Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing,you have some good tips I plan to try!
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    Yay Tim! Love this and love your positive attitude! Congrats on all the hard work that you've done!
  • hockemama
    hockemama Posts: 1
    Options
    Awesome post! I don't ever post here, but I just had to comment on this one. Your tips for success are essentially the same as mine have been, so it's encouraging to know that you reached your goal using these tips! My weight loss has been slow and steady, and I've occasionally found myself paddling upstream. Great analogy, btw. Congratulations on reaching your goal and making some awesome lifestyle changes!!!
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! Thank you for sharing! =)

These are my favorite...

2. Took a good look at myself and overcame denial about being overweight. I had been about 20-30 lbs. overweight forever and had convinced myself that my body had changed, I go to the gym and sweat so I'm in shape kinda, I could never be that weight again, blah, blah, blah. Total crap and a reality-based mindset is crucial.

5. Stopped drinking calories--substituting water allowed me to make my calorie goals without feeling like I hadn't eaten enough.

6. Got in touch with my hunger and learned to differentiate between physical and psychological food needs. Having a balanced diet supplemented with a daily multivitamin gave me the confidence to overcome occasional hunger pangs without resorting to boredom eating because I knew I wasn't really starving.
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    WONDERFUL tips!!! Thank you for posting and I also agree that #9 was the one that resonated with me the most! I love the dark chocolate 1/2 hour trick! I will be stealing that one!

Thank you :)
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    All of this advice is far too sensible. Get outta here!

:flowerforyou: well done, sir. Well done.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Great tips! Thanks for posting.
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting!
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Cheers for that!
  • FlamencoGal
    FlamencoGal Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great tips!!! And congratulations on your success!!
  • kateauch
    kateauch Posts: 195 Member
    Options

Adopting this as of right now. Great great great idea. My #1 problem is bingeing and "rewarding" myself for being good all day. No longer.
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options

8. Eliminated non-essential foods. For instance, I used to have oil and vinegar on salads and one day I dropped the oil and didn't miss it. Dressings can kill the dietary benefits of a salad so choose carefully--lemon juice is great too.

Sounds great, except for #8 - you absorb more nutrients from your salad with the addition of a little bit of healthy fat.

http://www.purdue.edu/newsroom/research/2012/120619FerruzziSalad.html
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I loved your tips...they are reasonable and sensible! Your analogy about the canoe in the river is very helpful and understandable!
    Congrats to you!! :drinker:
  • celtic0ne
    celtic0ne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Well written and practical :)
  • timpicks
    timpicks Posts: 151 Member
    Options

8. Eliminated non-essential foods. For instance, I used to have oil and vinegar on salads and one day I dropped the oil and didn't miss it. Dressings can kill the dietary benefits of a salad so choose carefully--lemon juice is great too.

Sounds great, except for #8 - you absorb more nutrients from your salad with the addition of a little bit of healthy fat.

http://www.purdue.edu/newsroom/research/2012/120619FerruzziSalad.html

Good point. I always have other fats in my salads from sources such as nuts, avocados, and/or cheese to promote absorbtion and the study concludes that amount rather than source of lipids appears most important. In any case, thanks for pointing this out to those whose salads don't have other fats in them. I very rarely eat engineered low-fat or no-fat foods because reasonable amounts of fats, especially from vegetable sources, are a necessary part of a healthy diet.

Two tips I forgot: 11. I used a food scale and it really helped with portion control and 12. I was very careful with restaurant, fast, and processed foods and almost always had better results from home-cooked meals.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    BTW, #9 is brilliant.
  • JewelSmith
    JewelSmith Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing..and these are fantastic ideas..and life style changes..
  • AnJulNZ
    AnJulNZ Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Great post, very excellent advice. I like #9 as well, and will have to give it a go. Congratulations on achieving your goal, you've done really well :smile:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • skinnylady2014
    skinnylady2014 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss and healthy lifestyle! Very thoughtful post. Thanks !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!