HRM- which one to buy?

Options
kznovo
kznovo Posts: 16 Member
As the subject line indicates, I am finally going to make the splurge and buy a HRM. I have been reading reviews on a few of them and am leaning towards the Polar T4. DOes anyone else have this one? Likes/Dislikes?

Any recommendations/suggestions on any other brands?

Thanks!

Replies

• Lass70
    Lass70 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and I really like it. Bought it from Amazon for $62. The strap is comfortable and it reads on most gym equipment that I've used. Polar was the brand that my trainer recommended. She had used a few and preferred Polar. I tried hers before ordering mine. Good luck!
  • AussieGrandma
    AussieGrandma Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT4 ... it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the more expensive models, but it measures my heart rate (which I have to be constantly aware of, under doctor's advice) and calorie burn, plus it has a few other features as well, which are explained in the user manual. You don't need a university degree to understand how to read the output, and it is comfortable to wear. Reasonably priced as well :-) Good luck with your decision :-)
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I'm looking into one as well, Something basic love to know what everyones thought are too! bump!
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Just got an FT4 about a month ago. I absolutely love it. It does everything I want it to do but isn't too high-tech or have a bunch of functions that I don't use. I really like that it 'saves' my training info for a while so I can go log it later if I don't have time to do it right away.
  • trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have a Mio petite and it has broke for the second time in one year, very disappointed!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    If you want it for estimating calorie burn, don't get an HRM. They're really rather bad at it.

Get a device that actually measures movement (and therefore energy expenditure) instead of trying to figure out from heart rate. Look at a Fitbit or Bodymedia Fit. I've been extremely successful with my Fitbit.
  • kznovo
    kznovo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    awesome! thanks for all the feedback!
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I purchased the Polar ft4 last week and received it on Saturday. I used it this weekend and WOW do I love it. I got it from a website called www.bodytronics.com They have a ton of other things besides HRMs. I used a promo code and saved 5 % (CODE: POPO) I dont know if its still a valid code, but I purchased it Thursday and I had it Saturday. They offered free shipping on it too. I paid $61.

I definitely should have purchased this a long time ago. It was so much more dead on with the calorie burn and heart rate than the machines at my gym. Best of luck to you!

Rachael

P.S. I plan on getting the fitbit flex when it comes out. I was torn between the 2 for awhile, but I caved in :)
  • pkingfox
    pkingfox Posts: 25
    Options
    I just got FB Flex and I love it.....the only thing I wish it would track would be HR.....the thought of wearing two devices isnt great but I am loving the data from flex.....so I too am in the market for a easy to use HRM preferably without a strap......I will be watching here for input....thanks for posting the question!
  • fitnessfreddie
    fitnessfreddie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The FT4 is awesome, I've had mine for about 3 weeks now and I just love it.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT40, I love it. Definitely would stick with Polar, just go through the different models and pick what one has the features you need/want
  • foot56
    foot56 Posts: 44
    Options
    I got the Polar H7
  • xcmtnracer
    xcmtnracer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I've used the Zephyr Bluetooth HRM for over a year and it works great with my Droid.