And This is Why You Don't Go Into the Woods

Options
13»

Replies

• DavidC1857
    DavidC1857 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm working on being a hiker. I need more equipment (a good pack with a water bladder to start), etc. Expensive and I'm poor.

I've lived in the desert and woods my entire life and have only known of a few snake bites. Truth is snake bites are not that common and generally treatable if you don't lose your head and panic.

I also carry a decent Personal Locator Beacon. I use a SPOT Connect, which is not as reliable, but more feature rich and somewhat less expensive than the 406Mhz type. The 406Mhz type are pretty spendy and send out an locator signal only. But they are extremely reliable.

That's alot of useful information that no one asked about. But it is useful.

You ought'a here me when I really get going. I have a lot of useless information too.
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I'm working on being a hiker. I need more equipment (a good pack with a water bladder to start), etc. Expensive and I'm poor.

I've lived in the desert and woods my entire life and have only known of a few snake bites. Truth is snake bites are not that common and generally treatable if you don't lose your head and panic.

I also carry a decent Personal Locator Beacon. I use a SPOT Connect, which is not as reliable, but more feature rich and somewhat less expensive than the 406Mhz type. The 406Mhz type are pretty spendy and send out an locator signal only. But they are extremely reliable.

That's alot of useful information that no one asked about. But it is useful.

You ought'a here me when I really get going. I have a lot of useless information too.

I like pie.
    th?id=H.4596994696022477&pid=15.1
  • DavidC1857
    DavidC1857 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I like pie.
    th?id=H.4596994696022477&pid=15.1

I am so stealing that picture.