p90x strength training ?????????

BlackBeltLife
BlackBeltLife Posts: 180
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Okay so I am working out with the p90x program and use MFP. Does anyone know where I can find the strength training calorie burn so I can input properly into MFP. Thanks for the help

Replies

• metalpalace
    metalpalace Posts: 576
    Refer to the P90X meal plan book. Do you have it on you? I can help you with that.
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    For the most accurate calorie burn you need a heart rate monitor. According to P90X you can burn up to 600 calories in a work out and I never did that not even with the plyo. So for the best results invest in a HRM they are worth every penny!!!!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,999 Member
    You can use your P90X Nutrition Guide to determine your level (1, 2 or 3), then you can enter that information here to customize your nutritional goals (including ratios for whichever phase you're in), and then all you have to do is enter your food on the food diary and not worry about entering your exercise. Piece o' cake! :happy:
  • metalpalace
    metalpalace Posts: 576
    600 is an average beachbody figured. I know a lot of people who burn upwards of 800 even 1,000 calories per work out.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    I agree with KZOsMommy to get a HRM. Not one time did I burn 600 calories not even doing the plyo workout!
  • BlackBeltLife
    BlackBeltLife Posts: 180
    Thanks for the reply's. I do have the nutrition guide, but it has me at 3,000 calories a day NO WAY I can eat that much. I pulled myself down to 2400 and still fall short (yesterday was the closest at 2320 but most days hover right around 2000. I guess I can see the point of customizing the food on here and forget the workout part of it though. that does make sense
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,999 Member
    Thanks for the reply's. I do have the nutrition guide, but it has me at 3,000 calories a day NO WAY I can eat that much. I pulled myself down to 2400 and still fall short (yesterday was the closest at 2320 but most days hover right around 2000. I guess I can see the point of customizing the food on here and forget the workout part of it though. that does make sense
    I hear that. My first two rounds, it had me at Level 2 (2,400 calories), which was just too much. I lost 28 pounds doing Slim in 6/Slim Series, and now P90X has me at Level 1 (1,800 calories) for Round 3, which feels about right. I love the BB programs, but MFP makes the nutrition side of it SO much simpler, at least for me. I did use my HRM the first two weeks, and with my goal set at 1/2 pound/week and eating all my exercise calories, I averaged 1,775 calories, so I think 1,800 is spot on. We'll see at the end of 90 days if I'm right! :happy:
This discussion has been closed.