calories burned during weight training

rello
rello Posts: 9
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi,
Could any one tell me how many calories would be burnt during a typical weight training program.
Im currently doing warm up, and a basic all over weights program 10x3 reps then cool down and stretch.
It takes me around an hour.

When i type into the calorie counter in the exercise section, it is saying it is only a couple of hundred calories. That can't be right can it?

Replies

• Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    It's hard to tell unless you invest in a heart rate monitor. There are SO many factors that can contribute to calorie burn - effort, reps, weight, or if you're working more than one area at a time. If you incorporate cardio you could try circuit training which will show more calories burned. Sorry I can't realy help you here, but a HRM is your best bet. They are definately worth it!
  • rello
    rello Posts: 9
    thanks i have a heart rate monitor. How do i work out how many calories i have burned if i use that ?
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    thanks i have a heart rate monitor. How do i work out how many calories i have burned if i use that

You can't.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/hrms-cannot-count-calories-during-strength-training-17698
This discussion has been closed.