It Works! Wraps....

Options
Sera18
Sera18 Posts: 3
My question in here is has anyone who reads this used the wrap and if so did they work? I am 350 lbs and was told today that they would not work on my body except for arms legs and neck... I need something for my belly as well as the rest of me... But right now I am exercising, walking, dancing, etc and also I am counting calories on here... So my question is has anyone on here that is obese used the wraps and they actually worked on their belly? I am so depressed right now after learning this because I was wanting to try them asap... Thank you for reading.

Replies

• _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I have tried wraps before and yes they did work. HOWEVER, they are only a temporary fix and not a long term solution. It's only a couple of inches. It's very akin to the diet pills that make you lose your water weight. It's only an illusion. The best thing to do is to just stick with what you are doing already. It may take longer but the results are lasting and more than just skin deep.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    No. There is no magic fix.

Keep up with exercising and calorie counting.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

QTF. She knows what she's talking about!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Why be depressed about it? Someone just saved you a bunch of money!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    NO.
    This, the wraps just get rid of water...some of which your body would appreciate having.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    I have tried wraps before and yes they did work. HOWEVER, they are only a temporary fix and not a long term solution. It's only a couple of inches. It's very akin to the diet pills that make you lose your water weight. It's only an illusion. The best thing to do is to just stick with what you are doing already. It may take longer but the results are lasting and more than just skin deep.

This is the best description of the wraps I have ever seen. They are ment as a temprary fix. Say you were going to a HS reunion or a wedding... but the company markets them as a weight lost solution, which they are not.
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Healthy eating and exercise...
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    They don't work for weigh loss. You sweat in them, so at the end you are dehydrated and might lose an inch or 2 temporary. It's just water. Don't waste your time and money.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    At MOST you might lose a minimal amount of water weight. MAYBE.

It never hurts to ASK, but usually things that are touted as a quick fix, or easy, it is most likely a gimmick and not worth your time or money.

Give MFP a chance. Count your calories. Exercise when you can, even if it's a short walk to start.

It's not easy, I've been here seems like forever and no where close to where I want to be. But in all honesty it's because I haven't worked hard enough. I can admit that to myself now. Just take it one day at a time.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

This! I'm a big girl too and we could wrap ourselves in yards of saran wrap for years, and I can bet an ounce wont fall especially around our belly because that is related to our insulin insensitivity and not what we put on the outside of our bodies. Keep moving and eating less it's the only way to do it.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Time to bust out this pic again.
    itworkswraps.jpg
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Time to bust out this pic again.
    itworkswraps.jpg

i've already made my appointment! thanks for posting this! i knew those other people were lying about it not working..
  • jp619
    jp619 Posts: 20
    Options
    I used the rubber suits and waist wraps while cutting the last couple lbs before wrestling weigh-ins in high school. They are worthless for long term weight loss otherwise I would be wearing them now.

Also, when I was in high school they made the use of them illegal because kids were passing out from dehydration so if you HAVE to use them be careful!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

Yup!
  • Sactown900
    Sactown900 Posts: 162 Member
    Options

It's only water weight. Stay at this.

I stalled at 20 lbs off (6'1" @ 239 lbs on 1/1/13) then I got serious. I stopped eating my aerobics, lowered my minimum daily from 1860 calories a day to 1700, rested less between sets at the gym (I LOVE lifting weights) and added 40 minutes of walking in the PM, to my noon walk. Since 1/1/13 I am now 212 lbs. Consistency is more important than more gimmicks.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Wraps are a waste of time and money. Results are not for the long haul.

Wanna fix?

Cardio, strength training, and a nutrient dense diet.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I use homemade wraps, never done it in a spa/cosmetic shop or tried comercial wraps.

Done with the proper ingredients, they help get some toxins from your body (the skin is our biggest detoxifying organ), tone the skin and body (only temporary, the toning last at most a few days) and sometimes remove some water weight (which is not really losing weight... water weight comes and goes easily... is the fat you want to lose).
    Comestic wraps at spas are quick fix if you want your legs to look great and a little slimmer (for example), but in the long term they don't have any weight loss effect.

I love wraps made with clay (people go to special mud resorts all the time to fix health issues and it's a great treatment if used correctly - mineralized clay should be never handled with metal for example) and `hot` fixes like hot chilli extract or cinamon.
    The bad part is being foiled for at least an hour and keeping yourself hot the whole time (in the summer is even worse).

Again, I love them, I do them, but they are not more than a cosmetic treatment that does a small skin detox, moisturizes or tones, in function of the ingredients.
    Maybe, done properly and consistently, it may somewhat diminish cellulite (but not alone, together with sports and a healthy diet).
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    Call the ambahlamps.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    My question in here is has anyone who reads this used the wrap and if so did they work? I am 350 lbs and was told today that they would not work on my body except for arms legs and neck... I need something for my belly as well as the rest of me... But right now I am exercising, walking, dancing, etc and also I am counting calories on here... So my question is has anyone on here that is obese used the wraps and they actually worked on their belly? I am so depressed right now after learning this because I was wanting to try them asap... Thank you for reading.

Whatever magic pill, wrap, diet fad, keytone, shake, or anything else that is promising to make you thin NOW...is nothing more than a gimmick. Weight Watchers, Shakology, or any of those other weight loss ads are nothing more than calorie reduction and exercise, they just do most of the counting for you.

Do you want to lose belly fat? Do you want to lose weight and be healthy? Well, let me let you in the secret to success...be patient, set a long term goal, be realistic, eat food and exercise. Don't expect results this week or even next week. As a matter of fact, don't expect results for 6 months. You'll get them if you're consistent and at your calorie goal more times than not and you're exercising, but if you don't expect them then you don't get disappointed when they come slower than you want.

Everyone wants it now...everyone wants the immediate results, but it's just not going to be fast enough for you. Realize this, accept this, and move on. Don't starve yourself, eat the food you enjoy as long as it fits in your calories and lifestyle. You'll splurge once in a while because its just the way life works, enjoy the holiday or time with friends, or birthday party, then get back to the normal routine.

Read for yourself, research for yourself, keep asking questions, find what you can sustain and what you enjoy. My wife and I love the gym, some like to workout at home. I started out walking....just walking and now I add a little bit of everything and my cool down setting on the treadmill these days is the all out exertion setting was at the beginning. I'm losing weight, maintaining muscle, signing up for mud run 5k's, and for the first time in my life, I'm seriously considering a 1/2 marathon next year. Have fun with it!!!

You can't finish if you never start.

TL;DR version = Eat food you enjoy at a calorie deficit, exercise, try to have fun with it, and don't be in a hurry...it will happen.