30 Day Shred Question

Options
Megz2006
Megz2006 Posts: 122 Member
I want to start by saying I love Jillian's Michaels 30 Day Shred. It is a ***** to get through, but I really do feel the burn. However, I just finished with Day 2, and I am so sore, as I expected to be. Is it good to do this every day no matter how sore you are? Or should I be taking a rest day? I am sore in my thighs, stomach, and knees (which is what I am most concerned with overworking).

Thanks for any advice :-)

Replies

• Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Workout, even though you are sore. It will actually help to take the soreness away.
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Working through soreness helps you, but yes you should have at least 1 rest day a week, Jillian Michaels recommends 2 rest days on her website.

Your body needs time to heal too :smile:
  • Megz2006
    Megz2006 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Can I still take my 2-4 mile walks every day or should my rest day actually be just that--resting no exercise?
  • jlfoster0427
    Options
    I just started this today. I only made it for 23 mins after stopping twice for water. Is this pretty average for the first day?
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Can I still take my 2-4 mile walks every day or should my rest day actually be just that--resting no exercise?

I would say play by ear & listen to your body.

Sometimes I walk if I feel up to it, just at a more leisurely pace. Other rest days I feel so draied & tired that I literally just rest :smile: Just don't over do it & always listen to your body :heart:
  • djwife03
    djwife03 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    How long do u do level 1 before going to level 2?
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I just started this today. I only made it for 23 mins after stopping twice for water. Is this pretty average for the first day?

My first day, I only made it through about half of it before I had to stop completely because I almost threw up. I was so sore for the next few days, I had to hold onto the sink to get on and off the toilet. I was reallllly out of shape. :laugh: I did keep at it, even though I was that sore. The next day I made it through the whole thing with lots of modifications and pauses to catch my breath.
    How long do u do level 1 before going to level 2?

Some people do each level for 10 days, but I actually stuck with level 1 for a month and half because that was the only one that was on Exercise TV. I finally broke down and bought the DVD. I think you should move up whenever you feel ready to do so.
  • bigcrystal123
    bigcrystal123 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I heard u do each level for 10 days
  • annalovesfood
    annalovesfood Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I find that if I am sore a warm up before a workout usually gets rid of that muscle tightness. Even just walking helps.
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I take a "rest" day every 4-6 days depending on how sore I am and what other activities I did that day. Listen to your body. If you feel you need a rest, do it. Hop right back into it the next day.
  • djwife03
    djwife03 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Thanks!