To high in carbs low in fat

edithm
edithm Posts: 5 Member
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
I have a problem. I don't eat meat and love the carbs. Any suggestions for food that is high protein?
Any suggestions how to cut the carbs?:

Replies

• edithm
    I have a problem. I don't eat meat and love the carbs. Any suggestions for food that is high protein?
    Any suggestions how to cut the carbs?:
  • winwin
    winwin Posts: 134 Member
    I just made some soy bean and rice veggie burgers today. They turned out really well.
    2 cups soy beans cooked.
    1 cup uncle ben's long grain rice
    2 eggs beaten ( I used egg beaters)
    1/4 cup tomato puree (I used sun-dried tomato pesto)
    3 tbsp olive oil
    2 tbsp onion chopped
    1/4 cup bread crumbs.

Cook in the oven on 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Makes 12 patties.

per patty
    Calories-90
    carbs-6.6
    fat-.6
    chol-0
    sodium-125
    fiber-0
    sugar-.6
    protein-2.75

next time I am going to try making this with ketchup. The sodium should be even lower. I just wish they had more fiber, but they will go with veggies really well. Soy beans are the only plant that have all the (9) amino acids that the human body needs.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    That sounds good! I've heard of black bean "burgers" before but never soy bean ones! Thanks!

Eat more beans, legumes, nuts, lower fat cheeses, etc. Try making sure to eat whole carbs instead of white ones. Hope that helps.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    when you say you don't eat meat very much does that mean all meat like chicken & fish both are high in protein particularly fish.

Other foods high in protein are egg whites although I'm very much into the whole egg thingy. Here's a site that will help you sort through your daily foods to pick those that are higher in protein (even a cheeseburger) http://heartspring.net/list_of_high_protein_foods.html

Hope this helps
  • edithm
    I don't eat any chicken, fish,or red meat. :sick:
    Thanks for the site. I'll check it out
  • hamilton4beaumont
    hamilton4beaumont Posts: 122 Member
    Don't forget about egg whites. You can use one egg, egg whites, low fat mayo, and dijon mustard. I mash it with splenda relish and spread it on double fiber bread! It totally fills me up for breakfast...with 2 huge cups of coffee of course! Good protein and a little fat...and fewer carbs.
This discussion has been closed.