I'm new and got a stone to loose!

MrsL1983
MrsL1983 Posts: 1
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi There,

I've been on this site logging my calories for the past 5 days. All seems to be going well at the moment. I'm sticking to my excersizing and did 1hr this morning and now just chilling in the garden with some strawberries.

I'm female, 27 yrs old, married and trying to loose about a stone for our holiday to Greece this September. I've always been a healthy 8 stone 10 lbs (I'm only 4 foot 11") but have been poorly this year with a stomach problem so not been able to excersize, walk or anything much really, also when I was off work a few months ago due to my stomach all I did was eat and sleep! The result of this is I'm a stone heavier, when your so short you really do notice the extra weight. If I can get back to my usualy weight I will be so chuffed.

Although I seem to be doing ok this week, it's still early days and I get sooo lazy and board and I'm just hoping the thought of my holiday to Skiathos will keep me going.

Thanks for reading and good luck to you all too x

Replies

• brendac72
    brendac72 Posts: 109 Member
    I know how you feel, I'm only 5'1 and got up to 161 lbs. But now that you are ok with your stomach issue you will be able to do this. Me personally thinks having a holday planned is a great excuse to get motivated others do not think that. I am off on a cruise in October but I hope to reach my goal in June. Not sure how your weather has been over but we are having decent weather here and I get outside as much as I can. I walk for atleast an hour everyday and that is the easiest form of exercise, I can start seeing my results. If you are sticking within your calorie count and exercising you should have no problem reaching your goal. I wish you luck and look forwarding to hearing your progress :smile: By the way I just had my family (9 people) here visiiting from London and told them how many people from the UK were on this site.
  • sls8486
    sls8486 Posts: 8
    That's my problem also - I get bored and lazy feeling.

I like doing things that are excersize, but don't FEEL like it's excersize.
    I like to do photography, so I walk downtown and take pictures.
    Even picking strawberries is a fun excersize that you could/would enjoy. (:
This discussion has been closed.