Help with recipe ideas please.

My boyfriend and I travel a lot. He works in pipefitting so we're always in our RV. He's very lean and doesn't have weight issues. He loves his fried junk, he hates vegetables (except corn, potatoes, and green beans). So, my largest obstacle with losing weight is going to be this: Having to cook 2 separate meals. I need quick, super quick, easy to cook meals for me. I hate eating out of the prepackaged diet foods. If I have to I will, of course, but don't want to. Do any of you guys have any receipes?? I'll try anything except seafood or fish.

Replies

• 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    one of my favorite camping meals is carrots, potatoes and whatever other veggies you want with meatballs and a couple tsp of beefy onion soup mix....put it all i a tin foil pouch and cook over the fire for 1/2 hour (or until meatballs are done)....easy to prep and yummy. you could also do this with chicken or pork chops. I call them a campers dinner.
    I also do a lot of shish-ks-bobs....put your veggies and meats on skewers and bake or cook over the fire. I do ham with pineapple and peppers, beef with mushrooms and zucchini or summer squash, shrimp wrapped with pre-cooked bacon and peppers/ mushrooms (bbq these -- they are delicious).
    I even cook pizza on the fire with precookced pizza crusts and whatever toppings you like...cover pan with foil and cook until cheese is melted.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    could you do a stir fry? loads of veggies with a protein if you like, and its really easy. You can just buy a stir fry sauce or make your own easily with a few ingredients. I dont have a "recipe" but I know you can even buy frozen stir fry blend of veggies at the grocery store.
  • MaeK1814
    MaeK1814 Posts: 1
    I'm very busy, so I'm big on taking a day to cook and have some things on hand so I can throw together a quick meal. I like to keep roasted chicken on hand, since you're camping, if you're grilling maybe do a little extra. You can add it to salads, wraps, make a quick sandwich. I also like to keep egg salad on hand. I make it with mostly greek yogurt and just a little bit of miracle whip and mustard. You can eat it with crackers, or my favorite thing to do is wrap it in a lettuce leaf. (lettuce leaves make great wraps!) Another thing I like to keep around is cooked brown rice. Stir fry some veggies and throw in some rice, and chicken. I make them with Asian or Mexican flavorings. Add some ranch dressing powdered mix to greek yogurt for a great veggie dip for snacking. I hope this helps.
  • Grammigigi
    Grammigigi Posts: 5
    I spend one day a week measuring all of my food for the week and putting in sandwich baggies, then I put in freezer in a big ziploc bag and just pull out what I need to prepare my meal. I use a small George Foreman and Coconut oil instead of Sprays and butter. It has worked out great. I freeze 3 or 4 kinds of veggies and 3-4 kinds of meat in the appropriate porportions. It has worked out great.

Hope this helps you, but I too am a short order cook for 3-5 other people in my house that is not on a diet.

Gigi
    weight.png
    [/url]