HELP ME PLEASE!!!! Need Motivation to Re-lose the weight...

Options
MFP can you help???

Anyone else on here lost a lot of weight 50+ lbs and regained it? I've been beating myself over the head for over 6 month trying to break the emotional eating cycle. I went through some pretty dramatic events (quit job, relocation, abandonment by so call friends, breakup & much much more UGH!). In the last 8 mos of my life I went from the top to the bottom and since then I've been steadily gaining weight.

My knees hurt, stomach hurts, back hurts, skin looks horrible and everything feels crappy and I know it's 100% related to the lbs I packed on. I find myself wanted to be isolated and I hate looking in a mirror. It's like I don't want to face my reality.

Is there anyone in the same situation or has been here and has successful regain control over their life. I really need some motivation here. I'm feeling like I'm at the end of my rope.

Completely Disgusted
:sad:

Replies

• Heather_A
    Heather_A Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Raising my hand! Sister I could have written that same post myself. My office closed last fall and I ate my way through the winter. I'm now up 15 pounds from last year at this time and 40 from my lowest number... after regaining the 15 pounds I worked so hard to lose again last year. It's been a see-saw for me since hitting my lowest weight just a short few years ago.

I feel like CRAP but getting back on track is HARD. I'm still down 50 from highest and am determined to not get any closer to that number.

I'm just so tired of this and tired of feeling such loathing for myself.

:(
  • lunamo14
    lunamo14 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi there,

I lost 90 pounds 2 years ago and gained about 25 back since last summer. I've been exercising almost every day and watching what I eat 90% of the time since December.

I don't focus so much on the scale, as I am more than a number. I haven't lost all the weight yet but I feel like I'm getting stronger every day. It might take me a while this time around but the end result is so worth it.

Feel free to add me as a buddy if you want and we can help each other.

good luck!

Caroline
  • CassarahW
    CassarahW Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    ((hugs)) I lost 100 lbs after my first child and at the beginning of this year found myself almost as big as I was before I had lost that weight. I've gone up and down several times throughout my life. Usually gained the weight after I had a kid (I have 4 biological kids) and my youngest is 4 and I've just not put forth the effort to lose weight seriously after she was born until now. I've been working it and in three weeks have lost 6 lbs and that's just the beginning. I have 110 lbs to lose but by this time next year I'll be shopping for a whole new wardrobe! If you want to join me in succeeding then add me as a friend and we'll keep each other going. :)
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hugs to all of you for responding to my post. This has been a really hard year. I'm trying to get the motivation to pull it back together.

Thank you:flowerforyou:
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Me too sweetie. I lost 45 and gained it all back plus some with the same types of issues. I finally bit the bullet and went back on the wagon. I've lost 15 lbs so far and am still 20 lbs from fitting into the new clothes I bought last April. It's ok...just find little motivational ways to help yourself. 1) book a mani pedi and if you are active 4 days, go or cancel appt. 2) I promised myself bracelets if I could stay on an eating plan for 30 days. 3) I bought a couple of new outfits that look great even if they are 4 sizes bigger than last year. 4)got a fit bit and became obsessed with changing from 5000 steps to 10k steps. 5) then added in 30 min biking.
  • Julem22
    Julem22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yes, I could have written this post. Feel free to add me as a friend so we can help each other. :smile:
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Done that. I know a friend of mine has lost 100 pounds and gained it back 4 times now. She has now lost the weight and been at goal weight for 5 years now. It helps to know that someone did it, even if it took 4 times to get it right. This last few years has been rough and I am still learning that food isn't the way to deal with stress. So I am back (almost) to my starting weight. I am just going to keep trying my best, and learn from my mistakes. I have a wonderful support system and that helps.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    How to lose weight and keep it off:

Don't quit.

So you were weak and went over on calories.
    Big deal. Go burn off what you just ate.

Don't quit.

Ugh, I'm so tired. I'm bloated and don't feel like doing ANYTHING!
    Look back at why you're doing this and rededicate yourself to that goal.

Don't quit.

I'm depressed and don't want to look at how much I weigh.
    If you gained weight it's not a failure. It's a new point to work from.

Don't quit.

Those cupcakes were soooooo delicious, but my calorie count is TOTALLY RUINED NOW!
    Psht, just log em. Maybe you can still work them off. Anyway, tomorrow is another day.

Don't quit.

I was away on business and I'm not sure how many calories I had, and I had a few drinks and didn't log anything for a few days!
    The diary is still there, waiting for you. It does not judge. Go back to it.

Don't quit.

Oh wow, this diet is making me fat! The numbers are totally off!
    So, fix the numbers and keep going. Many people know how to fix them if you're not sure.

Don't quit.

I've hit a plateau! It doesn't work anymore!
    Sure it works. Open up your diary and ask a few people to check out your profile to figure out how to fix it.

Don't quit.

If you quit you may as well have done nothing at all.
    Do you really want to waste all that hard work?

Don't quit.

Man, I lost all that weight! I can slack off for a while and coast.
    The only six pack you'll get with an attitude like that will be from a liquor store. This is where you tone and build muscle, not slack off.

Don't quit.

My particular issue isn't listed! I'm a unique butterfly and whatever you say I'll find a reason for it not to work!
    Whoever you are, whatever you do, there's a person out there who's had the same issues as you. They persevered and lost the weight, so can you.

Don't quit.
  • papillon71
    papillon71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Me! I lost a lot of weight years ago and was really healthy then piled it all back on and then some. I decided that no matter what I weighed at the start this year was my year, I started with MFP on 4th January and have lost 28.1lbs, lost a little each week. I have worked on my attitude to food which was a big barrier for me. I used food when bored or for comfort, have managed to change that. I am 41 and want my health to be good too, I realised it was time for no excuses and even though had yo-yoed over the years that once and for all I was going to lose it and KEEP it off.

I am on a 1200 cal a day limit and hardly exercise due to a severe back injury, I fill up the house on health foods only, I have lots of salads, lots of steamed veg, very lean meats, fruit, low fat dips, low fat yoghurt, I didn't give up all the things I loved but I did replace a lot of them with a healthier version.

Would love to be part of encouraging you on. See it as a new start, don't look back at what was, it' doesn't help, just one day at a time and look forward to a new you, give yourself realistic timeframes to lose it too and if you have a bad day/week, just ignore it and back on the wagon.

Happy to friend anyone, I am regularly on here, I log daily and have an open diary (no secrets here) but keep going, you can get it off again, and then some and keep it off, I know you can :-)