It's the little things that count...

Replies

• sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    I withhold sex for months at a time. That way when he finally gets it, he's grateful for weeks.

'LOL we know who wears the pants. I would have divorced or broke up with you ...that is offensive ....
    ^With that attitude you wouldn't even get it every 6 months.

Withholding sex for 6 months is tacit approval for him to outsource it ...
  • jivitasa
    jivitasa Posts: 150 Member
    I withhold sex for months at a time. That way when he finally gets it, he's grateful for weeks.

'LOL we know who wears the pants. I would have divorced or broke up with you ...that is offensive ....

Ummm, no. That would be MY torture as well. Hell no, there are better ways.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Little things he's done recently:
    * changed the oil in my car
    * rescued a spider from the bathroom and set her free outside
    * texted me in the middle of the day just to say "I love you"
    * drove 13 miles out of his way to bring me an unexpected Starbucks
    * left a post-it note on my bathroom scale that said, "You Look Awesome!"
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    With holding sex for `little things` is saying the same as pay for sex?

If you live in a relationship where you have to pay for sex then it isn`t healthy...just saying?
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,602 Member
    He has offered to buy me a new party dress to fit my new, slim size.:heart:
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    She'd be my alarm clock when I worked the night shift. Although I didn't need her to call to wake me up for work, it was nice that her voice was the first thing I heard when I woke up.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member

^With that attitude you wouldn't even get it every 6 months.

Hilarious! But I don't make him wait that long especially if I come home to a clean house or even washed dishes...He works 7 on/7 off so he has 7 days he can make the house pretty. lol! I try to once every week at least....it's what I have read that men need to feel like a man.

what in the world....once a week? something is wrong with the picture here. To feel like a man? I am a man!!! I always feel like a man. Giving it to me, is part of a relationship. It is something that is necessary. If not....how is our relationship any different than any other? Why is it I need you again? NEXT...
  • Hey, if I came home and the laundry was folded, the dishes were done, or dinner was cooked I would take off my clothes right in the doorway. It's not hard, well I guess it would be if I took my clothes off in the doorway.
  • Excuse_less
    Excuse_less Posts: 874 Member
    Hey, if I came home and the laundry was folded, the dishes were done, or dinner was cooked I would take off my clothes right in the doorway. It's not hard, well I guess it would be if I took my clothes off in the doorway.

Consider it done ;)
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member

That's giving someone the green light to look elsewhere for snatch. You'll be on the Maury or Springer show boo hoo'ing about why your man is cheating lol
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    What do you guys do to keep that fire burning? Ladies, what little things does/could he do?

I've really been trying to improve myself in this area. Not just in my love relatinoship, but in all my relationships. For me I have found my deepest satisfaction in life has been when I give of myself. But I digress a bit.

So, for the last several months I have made sure my wife always has fresh flowers according to the season. I make sure I text her and tell at least once a day (more like three or four times a day) how incredible, beautiful, strong, sexy, and generally amazing a women, mother, and wife she is. I try to set aside time that I just let her talk and I listen (I get up with her every morning at 4:40am to have coffee and do this. I make the coffee, get her meals ready for the day and send her out the door before getting the kids up and ready for school so we don't have any distractions).

I write her love notes and leave them in her car sometimes.

One of the last "dates" we went on I actually left the house for the day and told her I would be by to get her at 6pm. She had no idea where we were going, what I would look like, and I had no idea what she would look like. I actually rang the doorbell on our house and treated it just like a first date. It was pretty cool.

Other little things.

^^This is awesome
    Good for you and her:flowerforyou:
  • Hey, if I came home and the laundry was folded, the dishes were done, or dinner was cooked I would take off my clothes right in the doorway. It's not hard, well I guess it would be if I took my clothes off in the doorway.

Consider it done ;)

And you, sir, can fold my unmentionables any day.
  • TwinkieDong
    Hey, if I came home and the laundry was folded, the dishes were done, or dinner was cooked I would take off my clothes right in the doorway. It's not hard, well I guess it would be if I took my clothes off in the doorway.

that is what I am talking about!! It is mutually fun and beneficial....get the adult things done regardless of who does it and have some adult fun!
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    The other day I was working on my 1973 Super Beetle.
    Part of this work had me removing all of my seats.
    Well, as things always do with me, this snowballed into me pulling up all of the carpet and sound board to inspect the floors.
    Noticing a bit of rust, I started to pull up the factory tar board. I soon ran out of time so I put it off for "another day".
    Well, my wife went out with a scraper and pulled up the rest of the tar board for me.

But, that wasn't a little thing. It was a pretty big thing.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member

That's giving someone the green light to look elsewhere for snatch. You'll be on the Maury or Springer show boo hoo'ing about why your man is cheating lol
    He can't cheat, I keep his genitals in my purse when he's not at home.
  • TwinkieDong
    haha metaphorically speaking yes, I see many men this way.
  • lisadoe71
    lisadoe71 Posts: 23 Member
    What do you guys do to keep that fire burning? Ladies, what little things does/could he do?

I've really been trying to improve myself in this area. Not just in my love relatinoship, but in all my relationships. For me I have found my deepest satisfaction in life has been when I give of myself. But I digress a bit.

So, for the last several months I have made sure my wife always has fresh flowers according to the season. I make sure I text her and tell at least once a day (more like three or four times a day) how incredible, beautiful, strong, sexy, and generally amazing a women, mother, and wife she is. I try to set aside time that I just let her talk and I listen (I get up with her every morning at 4:40am to have coffee and do this. I make the coffee, get her meals ready for the day and send her out the door before getting the kids up and ready for school so we don't have any distractions).

I write her love notes and leave them in her car sometimes.

One of the last "dates" we went on I actually left the house for the day and told her I would be by to get her at 6pm. She had no idea where we were going, what I would look like, and I had no idea what she would look like. I actually rang the doorbell on our house and treated it just like a first date. It was pretty cool.

Other little things.

She is one lucky lady. Going to have to try that date thing with my hubby. That sounds fun!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    My husband rubbed my feet while listening to me rant the other night. For. An. Hour. He pretty much could have taken my pants off and done anything he wanted to after that. But he went and got me a scoop of ice cream instead. Then I took my own pants off. :love:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    when he asks to see a pic... of my smile.
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    I would LOVE flowers for more than Valentines Day! Actually bought them for myself the other day. Seriously.....if he would just let me know that he thinks of me occasionally when we're not together, it would be HUGE! :)