Replies

• iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I like turtles. And socks.
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I suggest you stop reading the forums, then. Kinda what they are for.
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I REALLY like chicken wings.

...and pizza.

You. I like you.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    -talk about thyroid
    -talk about not being able to lose
    -talk about how its hard

Let's go! No excuses! Work hard play hard. C'mon people stop giving your self excuses of why you can't lose weight.

Just put in the work in the gym and the kitchen.

ITS HARD BUT POSSIBLE. BE DISCIPLINED. IT WILL PAY OFF.

I care about everyone on here, but lets get to work and stop making excuses.

Careful with this kind of talk. A lot of people here get their panties bunched up and start crying to the mods when you insinuate that they are lazy (especially when they actually are).
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Having thyroid issues suck! I was born without one BUT I don't use it as an excuse..I work around it..and I JUST WORK HARDER..People talking about having thyroid issues is just people sharing their frustrations with others who are in their same shoes. If you don't struggle with thyroid disease then you really shouldn't assume people are using it as an excuse.

This...grow up little man - one day you will be taken seriously if you comment on stuff - but only when you actually knows what you are talking about
    In the mean while - go read about it (that is if you can read.....) I eat 1400 calories a day, do P90X six days a week and runs 10km for fun - and do not lose any weight....I don't have that much to lose, but do have some - but that is not because I use thyroid disease as an excuse - it is in spite of it.....
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

You care about EVERYONE on here?

Not me, there are lots of them I absolutely cannot STAND.

:devil:

I don't even care about everyone who has posted in this thread.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    You'll what?

You left that part off...
  • Cmeitsmiss
    Cmeitsmiss Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a thyroid disease.

It makes it more difficult. It does not make it impossible. And not surprisingly, I feel best when I am eating well and exercising.

Take that, Thyroid.

^this - I too, have a thryoid issue, it just makes me work that much harder, and feel that much better that I'm 'winning' the battle against myself :)
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

You care about EVERYONE on here?

Not me, there are lots of them I absolutely cannot STAND.

:devil:

I don't even care about everyone who has posted in this thread.

Quite true.

I do like you though. Care to split a sundae with me?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Bro, do you even vote?
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Everyone's different and has different challenges. What is the point of berating anyone over an issue you don't even intimately understand? Live and let live.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Bro, do you even vote?
    LOL.....:flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    -talk about thyroid
    -talk about not being able to lose
    -talk about how its hard

Let's go! No excuses! Work hard play hard. C'mon people stop giving your self excuses of why you can't lose weight.

Just put in the work in the gym and the kitchen.

ITS HARD BUT POSSIBLE. BE DISCIPLINED. IT WILL PAY OFF.

Boy, I've got hemorrhoids older than you.
    I've got bursitis and arthritis and a crazy 17 year old boy I've got to take care of. I get up every morning at 3:00 AM on short sleep so I can make it to the gym.

None of that means I can't have a little compassion for people struggling with the physical and mental aspects of all of this.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I posted in a thyroid thread I actually have something wrong with mine I forget exactly what the Doctor says but that's not the reason I'm fat. The reason I'm fat is because I made poor health decisions and ate like I was dying that very day.

I can understand the OP's reasoning for posting that. People tend to look for excuses as to why their life sucks. You hear people mention "I'm not going to think about it, it's in Gods hands now" and other things like that. Here's the deal rather your religious or not (don't debate that please not here) you can't put your life in ANYONE's hands except YOUR OWN.

Only you can decide that you want to make the difference and only you can motivate yourself at the end of the day. Your friends and family can help but if you're not listening then whats the point?

So to the OP I understand and accept your challenge to not make excuses and to hit the gym harder and monitor what I put in my body and I thank you for that motivation!
  • pmteet
    pmteet Posts: 69
    Options
    Thank you! I have half a thyroid the said I do not need to be on meds that the cysts are not doing anything but the arthritis is an issue. lol Getting old is not as much fun as I thought it would be
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Bro, do you even vote?

Hahaha!!! I laughed out loud and people outside my office just looked and stared. :blushing:
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I suggest you stop reading the forums, then. Kinda what they are for.

^ Yup. Move on where you can be useful and leave the other stuff to people who have the grace to deal with it in a productive way.
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    Do you have a thyroid disease?

No! I asked you first. Do you have a thyroid disease?

Haha...I do not. I just find it interesting when others judge a situation that they know nothing about.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    6011d350_Ppf6e.gif
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Wait till he gets older and finds out about some meds that makes you put on weight. Besides only take advice from people out of puberty.:angry:
This discussion has been closed.