Fast once a week - how many cals on the other days?

Options
He :)

I decided to to one fast day per week as I've read a lot about the positive results on the body.
I want to eat breakfast eg. on a Monday at 8 o clock and then eat nothing until Tuesday 8.30. My breakfast on Monday will have about 500-600 calories

I think I can easily do that because it's easier for me to not eat at all then always be moderate.

My question : How many calories should I eat the other days when I am not fasting? I upped my calories to 1440 net. Should I just stick to those or eat more the day after the fast?

Anyone experience with losing weight this way? :)

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert in any way shape or form, but it sounds like you're essentially trying a modified form of 5:2 fasting. With 5:2 you would eat very low calories two days a week (around 500) and then eat normally (at your TDEE) the other 5. I'd imagine that if you're fasting only one day a week you can get away with eating a little below your TDEE the other 6, but you'll want to do your own research on that.
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I've not tried it the way you are planning, but I started the 5:2 diet a few weeks ago and have done fairly well with it. On my fasting days I ate about 550-600 calories spread throughout the day. On the other days I kept my goal at 1400 (was not losing at 1400 without the fasting days). I don't think I could do it the way you are planning without feeling horrible. On my first fast day I felt good but on the second I ate a little less lunch (same foods as the first day but less of it) and felt faint around 5:00. I was at work so couldn't eat anything at that time. Had some crackers as soon as I could and felt better.
  • luziferl
    luziferl Posts: 82
    Options
    I've not tried it the way you are planning, but I started the 5:2 diet a few weeks ago and have done fairly well with it. On my fasting days I ate about 550-600 calories spread throughout the day. On the other days I kept my goal at 1400 (was not losing at 1400 without the fasting days). I don't think I could do it the way you are planning without feeling horrible. On my first fast day I felt good but on the second I ate a little less lunch (same foods as the first day but less of it) and felt faint around 5:00. I was at work so couldn't eat anything at that time. Had some crackers as soon as I could and felt better.

I think I could not do it your way :) I cannot eat 600 calories throughout the day... I would start to eat more and more... so i think it's easiest for me to eat in only one meal.

I may have 2 fasting day a week later on, but I want to start with one :)

My TDEE is around 1900 (very tall girl here :D) So i dont really want to eat that much on the other days? Do u think eating my 1450 on the other days will give me a weight loss? :)