Anyone have workout DVD success starting over 200lbs?

Options
2»

Replies

• wildechild74
    wildechild74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    start small but start somewhere. i've let myself go for a lack of better words, and would love to complete p90x or insanity, but i'd probably have a heart attack first. tried some Jillian....maybe next month. bustin' it on the treadmill, eliptical, and hiphop abs. some weights. it is getting easier quicker. best of luck. i have noticed with the increased exercise i am more hungry, so even if i have consumed my allottment of calories (including exercise), i will eat, healthy with protein.
  • Rico8o5
    Rico8o5 Posts: 1
    Options
    I was 334 lbs when I started a workout DVD. I chose Insanity and let me tell you, it's insane...haha. With a good healthy diet and sticking to the work out program, I lost nearly 100 lbs. in 8 months. I was loosing between 8 and 10 lbs per month, and in one month alone I lost 15 lbs. So yes, it is possible to loose the lbs if you stick to the program and keep a healthy diet.
  • LetsGetFitMama
    Options
    fitnessblender.com has all kinds of different videos and if you click on them they say their level and so forth. That is what I am using since I get so bored so quickly it is nice to mix it up with so many videos. Also, its just one person doing the workout and a dude telling you what to do. There is no music, no one nagging the whole time, just basic workouts! Crank up your own tunes to get you into it and you are good to go!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Ugh .. I don't think I do those right now. I can barely walk for half an hour without my back and feet hurting. I feel like I need to drop like 40 pounds before I can consider doing these videos.

Not to hijack this thread .........

LOW IMPACT ..... great place for beginner up to intermediate ....

Leslie Sansone Walk At Home ..... these are great to do at your own pace. No choreography to keep up with....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QhzN759HJw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjduJjO1pLg&feature=related
  • goodenough13
    Options
    Gosh, thank you all for the advice! I do want to say that I've been working out with some eliptical, walking, weight lifting, and 30 day shred videos... Well, that was until I had a side-lining knee injury last month. I had to take 2 weeks off completely from exercise and then I just focused on walking and swimming. I'm finally confident enough in my knee to get back into the higher impact exercises again. I really would like to tackle P90X or Insanity at some point, but the more I think about it I better try to avoid THAT much impact for a little while longer.

I dusted off my Biggest Loser game for the Xbox last night so I plan to use that again (except it makes me mad when it doesn't pick up my moves and says I'm not doing them right!!). And I'll do some 30 Day Shred again. I'll also be walking and hitting the gym.

Thanks again!!!
  • jgood21
    jgood21 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have lost 115lbs with just workout DVD's! I have never stepped into a gym. I was 300lbs when I started. I did Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (3 rounds), her Ripped in 30 (2ish rounds), and I am currently doing INSANITY. Do Ripped in 30 because that will give you a little insight into INSANITY. Ripped in 30 has a lot of the same moves, just more intense.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!