PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
Hello i am a 18 year old Male, 5'6 around 135 pounds,
I do kickboxing and have been for over 1 year, 3 times a week. Results started to show quickly but have slowed down a lot. Although you might think i am a lightweight i still have a stomach! My cardio is fantastic and better then it has ever been but the results are NOT showing on my body! I try to eat as cleanly as possible! I weightlift usually once a week... do i have to weightlift more? or is kickboxing enough? help?

Please tips :( !!!!

Replies

• RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy! You need a well rounded routine, not just one type of exercise. It could be that your body is so used to it that it's not responding to the kickboxing anymore. You need to incorporate kickboxing into a well-rounded routine with weight lifting and flexibility training.
  • Javier_KB
    Javier_KB Posts: 10
    Options
    i have flexibility dont tell me what to do.
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Get a certified trainer to develop workouts
  • sprale
    sprale Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I did kickboxing types of exercise for a year once. Made some big changes to my body with it. I did it mostly every day, and went skating on the days I didn't. Do you use weighted hand gloves? I know some people use ankle weights, too. Incorporating those sorts of things into your workout could be an easy way to make the changes a bit more noticeable.

I found that protein shakes in combination with the workouts also helped.

Good luck meeting your goals!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Strong 3rd post here, sir. You're going to learn so much and get so many of your questions answered, I just know it!

tumblr_m98z03vbb61qi0d7lo3_r1_250.gif
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

179265-wutlolski_large.jpg
  • BL_Mark
    BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
    Options

18 years old and he knows everything.... anyone else remember being that naive?
  • chopzgurl05
    chopzgurl05 Posts: 84 Member
    Options

18 years old and he knows everything.... anyone else remember being that naive?

:laugh:
  • LynndaThompson
    Options
    how is your diet?? if your not eating right, the belly is the first place it shows!
  • CourtneyDiana90
    CourtneyDiana90 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    not to be funny but yu might need a colon cleanse..it has been proven that people can carry between 5 to 60lbs of literally ****... :wink: lol..see if that could be yur issue that the remaining weight is actually waste..they have pills yu can get from CVS/RITE AID/WALGREENS and maybe even Walmart that will flush your system..good luck!!!
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    This thread... what on earth...? Serious amount of bored people on the internet tonight I guess!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    not to be funny but yu might need a colon cleanse..it has been proven that people can carry between 5 to 60lbs of literally ****... :wink: lol..see if that could be yur issue that the remaining weight is actually waste..they have pills yu can get from CVS/RITE AID/WALGREENS and maybe even Walmart that will flush your system..good luck!!!

I'm really hoping this is a counter-troll to suggest the OP is full of something...
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    i'm definitely not an expert but i'd say you're pretty light for a guy your height. up the weight from once a week to at least 3 x and get plenty protein - there are loads of guys who do bodybuilding on here who will give you more comprehensive advice if you need it.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

NO.

and OP, :yawn:
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    You probably need more protein. I'd incorporate a protein shake into your diet and add some more weightlifting. Kickboxing is good for your cardio and flexibility, but if you want to add muscle, bring on the weights, and eat lots of protein.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

i have carry-on luggage that doesn't hold 60 pounds. i guess i've been packing my toiletries in the wrong place.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Came in thinking I cared.

Left knowing I don't.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Hello i am a 18 year old Male, 5'6 around 135 pounds,
    I do kickboxing and have been for over 1 year, 3 times a week. Results started to show quickly but have slowed down a lot. Although you might think i am a lightweight i still have a stomach! My cardio is fantastic and better then it has ever been but the results are NOT showing on my body! I try to eat as cleanly as possible! I weightlift usually once a week... do i have to weightlift more? or is kickboxing enough? help?

Please tips :( !!!!

Your 135 and your goal is 123. My tips to you is to learn to love your body more, and gain 12 pounds. It doesn't matter how clean you eat, for weight loss, but the amount of calories you consume.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Came in thinking I cared.

Left knowing I don't.

Pretty much this.
  • Taylorferguson1
    Options
    Start strength training at least 3 times a week 5 is more like it though and lift heavy!!