NSV !!...well kinda...sorta?

Options
avababy05
avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
Long...sorry.

A year ago about this time I weighed about 8 pounds less than I do now.

I joined in January,kind of by accident,I was just looking for a calorie calculator, and really just wanted to lose the two-or three pounds I gained over the holidays.

I already lost the majority of my weight a few years ago.

I started getting into the forums and reading all about weights and thought I would them a try ( had some around that the ex left).

So I GAINED six pounds between January and April.I tend to obsess with the scale.I've read so many posts that have said "don't worry about the number on the scale" but wasn't buying into it.So I gave up the scale for April.

Now two things happened in April.It stopped snowing in New England so I just brought out the clothes I bought last spring,all too big.

And I lost two pounds when I just worked hard and stopped obsessing.

Now I know weights really can make a difference,even for an old lady like me AND I'm going to stop obsessing about that number.

Small victory but one I'm really happy with.

So Thanks for all the good advice about fitness! Keep it coming!

Replies

• ObjectInMotion
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm sure it feels good to need new clothes and to be that much stronger! Keep it up!!!
  • jheater07
    jheater07 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I live in New England also and there was a while there I thought it would never stop snowing!!! It just starting getting nice out the past two weeks!
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I live in New England also and there was a while there I thought it would never stop snowing!!! It just starting getting nice out the past two weeks!

I'm thinking we're safe now.But you never know!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!