A story in progress 40lbs down... forever...

Options
Guamybear
Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
Some of you have seen the pictures.. but the other day I hit my 40lb mark. I now weigh 194.. I am 5'4" and would be happy at 150lbs. I am wearing my first pair of sz 14 jeans in almost 20 years.

Here are a couple pictures from last summer.. my heaviest was about 234 and pants size 18w were tight..

May 2012

ry%3D400

Aug 2012

ry%3D400

I was a happy fat person.. didn't mind being fat until I was told I was borderline prediabetic.. i got my butt in gear..

October to March

ry%3D400

I lost most of weight with Zumba and lifting weights..

ry%3D400

I am now doing Insanity and starting my 2nd month next week.

ry%3D400

The weight doesn't fall off like it used too.. I am lucky to lose between 3-5 months but I don't get discouraged because I can see how far I have come. I just remember the saying...."Slow progress is still Progress"

Replies

• SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You look great lady!! Nice job! :drinker:
  • H0llyG0lightly
    H0llyG0lightly Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look so good! Keep it up!
  • bear_28
    bear_28 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Looking hot!!!!

I love that quote "Slow progress is still progress". I have to keep reminding myself this as I'm not seeing dramatic results. I'm on Month 2 Week1 of Insanity. But I keep pushing play and tell myself, "It may not show now physically, but you are getting stronger. Not its time to kick some *kitten*!"LOL. (ssh..I have a female warrior wannabe fantasy) :wink:

Great job and Dig Deeper! ^^,
  • Squeeks70
    Squeeks70 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! You are doing wonderful!!!
  • joyharvey04
    joyharvey04 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! I too am 5'4" and I would love to hit 200 and actually that is my current goal. Thanks so much for posting this it gives me courage to keep trying. :-) Congrats to you!!!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great!!! Keep up the great work!!
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    You really look great ...looks way more than 40. Keep up the great work:flowerforyou:
  • indy_cat
    indy_cat Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration and keep up the good work.
  • nuemmedigg
    nuemmedigg Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Fantastic and inspiring. You not only lost, but you gained a very nice toned body and you look happy and healthy. How is you bloodsugar doing?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    You look 15 years younger as well as looking fantastic! Great job! You are a wonderful inspiration.
  • BayleyBear512
    BayleyBear512 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You look so good!! Great going girl! Keep it up :smile:
  • Linda916
    Linda916 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness you look so much younger! Look at how fit you are! you are welcome to add me as a friend and I promise to encourage your progress :) I log on daily
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Fantastic and inspiring. You not only lost, but you gained a very nice toned body and you look happy and healthy. How is you bloodsugar doing?

thanks so much.. I haven't had it tested since.. My doctor said I was barely over and she wasn't too worried but wanted to let me know what could happen if I didn't get my act together.

I think I look like I lost more because of the weight lifting and now Insanity is helping too...
  • jenniferswooten
    jenniferswooten Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!! Great work
  • padisneyfour
    padisneyfour Posts: 220
    Options
    good for you!
  • peggymoney
    peggymoney Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You look 15 years younger as well as looking fantastic! Great job! You are a wonderful inspiration.

Surprising how everyone looks younger! You look great! :)
  • sting5
    sting5 Posts: 408
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congratulations!
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    Awesome, you look great!
  • lightSpirit78
    Options
    Way to go! You look 10 yrs younger too!
  • rubyjuly21
    rubyjuly21 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great job. You look terrific.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!