Biggest Loser SlimCoach--- no longer available?

Options
cschiff
cschiff Posts: 209 Member
Hey all,
So I recently decided to purchase something to help track my exercise burns. Thinking the Biggest Loser was a good, reputable show I figured WHY NOT try the Biggest Loser SlimCoach which Target had? I opened it up and went to set it up on my computer by going to the site it provided, and am being told that this is no longer available.

What the heck do I do now? I bought this new product and the website I am supposed to be using just doesn't work?

Does anyone know what's going on?
Thanks,

A super frustrated Callie

Replies

• cschiff
    Options
    just gonna bump this so maybe someone sees it......
    if anyone knows about it i would really appreciate some info!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Can you return it? I just looked up what it was on Amazon and it has terrible reviews.

If you're looking to track your exercise burns I'd suggest a Polar HRM.
    Or for all day tracking a FitBit or BodyMedia thing.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    did some google searchign for you. Foudn this: http://www.medipattern.com/smartcoach/home.html
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    well....you could just go ahead and work out. pretty sure that combining exercising along with a reasonable calorie deficit still works without whatever the heck a "slimcoach" is.
  • cschiff
    Options
    well....you could just go ahead and work out. pretty sure that combining exercising along with a reasonable calorie deficit still works without whatever the heck a "slimcoach" is.

I have been working out (running and lifting) on my own for a couple months and eating well and have lost 23 lbs so far and am more than halfway towards my goal. Very proud of my achievements so far.

I just wanted to use this device to help monitor mileage and caloric burn. No need to put me down for continuing to improve my fitness.

I posted this to see if anyone knew about SlimCoach, not to get some response about how I should workout and eat well... because that's what I'm doing. No need to be rude.

Thanks!
    -Callie
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    who's being rude? you're having fantastic success without that thing. i'm certainly not knocking your success. that thing you bought is a money grab. you don't need it. losing 23 pounds in 2 months is proof that. sorry if me suggesting that you keep doing what's working offending you.
  • cschiff
    Options
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be snippy. It just seemed like you were jumping at me, but perhaps I misread the way you intended the post :/ Sometimes these message boards end up getting harsh and judge-y which can be discouraging for everyone and maybe I just assumed too quickly that your message was like that.

I just was looking for a product to help me track milage (because I can currently only run about 3-3.5 miles, but would like to work to increase this and improve this) and track calories (because after this initial weight loss my body has slowed a little bit and I want to see if I need to adjust (possibly eat back more exercise calories).

Evidently, this product will not help so I suppose I will just return it. :(
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    why not track your run on something like map my run?
  • BELIEVETOPSTOKOPS
    BELIEVETOPSTOKOPS Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If you want to track steps...try a Fitbit. That is what I use...I tracks steps, flights of stairs, sleep, food...it also syncs with MyFitnessPal. It tracks how many calories you burn also.
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Slimcoach doesn't really track calories. I have one that I bought like a year ago, and the previous poster posted a link to go to for that. I have a Bodymedia and that does track calories and steps etc. I also have a heart rate monitor and the 2 are right on the money so they are both pretty accurate. The Slimcoach is really a waste of money. As was said earlier it's obvious you can do it on your own, but if you want more data just for fun, like me, Bodymedia or Fitbit is definitely the way to go.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    who's being rude? you're having fantastic success without that thing. i'm certainly not knocking your success. that thing you bought is a money grab. you don't need it. losing 23 pounds in 2 months is proof that. sorry if me suggesting that you keep doing what's working offending you.

Actually I thought you were being rude.

Just because you spend money on a product doesn't mean that you're looking for shortcuts or otherwise doing something wrong. I have all sorts of things that help me out (fitbit/runtastic/MFP/Jillian DVDs/HRM).
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options

I just was looking for a product to help me track milage (because I can currently only run about 3-3.5 miles, but would like to work to increase this and improve this) and track calories (because after this initial weight loss my body has slowed a little bit and I want to see if I need to adjust (possibly eat back more exercise calories).

Use Runkeeper or something. Free app for your phone, tracks mileage and will give a calorie burn.
  • cschiff
    Options
    I will definitely have to look for some of these apps! :) Sounds like they could be helpful!
  • ipreferchels
    Options
    I just found your post because I was trying to activate my slim coach, and it wasn't available. I guess they aren't that great anyway but hopefully you were able to return yours.