Am I doing enough??

Options
I am eating 1200-1400 calories a day, i haven't started working out yet I just CANT find the motivation. I think i'm gonna start working out tomorrow though! (:

I just feel like CRAP, like i'm eating to much, i know i shouldn't feel like this but feel like i'm not gonna lose any weight.

I'm also 5'4 and weigh 216.

Replies

• FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    When you workout you get a natural high that makes you feel fantastic. If I get to late afternoon and I havent worked out I feek fat, as soon as Im finished working out I feel stronger, healthier, better. Youll stop feeling like rubbish hopefully. Make sure you eat half your exercise cals back.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    At 5'4", 215 lbs, and 19 years old being sedentary (which I doubt you are) the bmr calculation I just did came out to 1805 with a tdee of 2166. I'd suggest you might want to include avocados, nuts, seeds, etc. to get your calorie intake over your bmr.
  • AlanisT
    AlanisT Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I kno how you feel, most days with everything i have to do when i go work out i think eeehhh i dont want to and once i start i dont want to stop. Find something you love and it wont seem like a chore. :) i love insanity and weight liftinf because after yiu work your muscles they are more defined for a while and you look and feel better. That motivates me personally. Good luck and dont give up :)
  • FittyFitFitFit
    Options
    Working out makes it easier to eat healthy and I don't think anybody ever feels like crap about themselves after doing some exercise. Yes motivation to exercise is hard but have you ever thought that being overweight and unhappy might actually be harder?

1200 -1400 cals isn't all that much, as the poster above me points out - you can eat some of your exercise cals back and then you get to eat more!!! Yay! :)
  • brent_woods
    brent_woods Posts: 32
    Options
    Make sure you're getting enough water. I find that when I am dehydrated, my motivation and gym performance declines.