Please just remind me

caramel827
caramel827 Posts: 163 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
So today I did a weigh in after 2 weeks from the most recent and I was down 3 pounds. I know that 3 is better than none but I can't help but feel a little disappointed. I think after watching Biggest Loser and seeing 10 pounds a week it frustrates me when I don't have those quick results. Also keeping in mind I do know in my head that slow and stead wins the race I sometimes get a little sad it is not going faster.

Perhaps I should eat my exercise calories? I admit that I rarely do because in my mind if I don't the weight will come off faster...any advice or just words of encouragement?

Thanks MFPs!

Replies

• LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Just remember that on biggest loser they excercise CRAZY amounts a day, something like 6 hours!!! I mean in reality who has the time to excercise 6 hours a day! Most of us have lives, lol. Anyways, 3lbs is great! Keep up the good work, you know in your heart if you have been doing it right and thats all that matters! Don't be too hard on yourself!
  • Shy1979
    Shy1979 Posts: 75
    I know how you feel. I felt the same way, when I didn't loose as much as I thought I should have or I guess as I had wished for. But to be honest, you are doing great. 3 lbs in 2 weeks is really good, Just don't give up and don't be too hard on yourself ... there are going to be times, when you'll loose more and other times you will loose less. But overall, you're going about it the right way, and in the end you will reach your goal!

P.S. I usually don't eat my exercise calories either, but mainly because I'm not hungry!
  • kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Personally, I eat my exercise calories and I've lost 20lbs in 10 weeks. I think it's important to fuel your body and keep the metabolism going. Since a deficit is already figured into your daily calories not eating your exercise calories results in not eating enough for the amount of energy you expend. However, you really have to do what is best for you. 3lbs in 2 weeks is great. Slow and steady will definitely lead to healthy weight loss.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,206 Member
    3 lbs is AWESOME and healthy! Just imagine if you lost 3 lbs every 2 weeks for.... 3 months thats 18 lbs... pick up 18 lbs (a weight at the gym next night... its heavy)...

The biggest loser they have experts around them all of the time. We can't have that. YOU are on your way to a better lifestyle not just a quick fix!
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    you should not lose weight too fast. 1-2 lbs a week is all you should lose. Any faster and you will be taking your muscles with it. Go slow and retrain your self to a new lifestyle. Think how great it will be when your go to maintance. btw gaining and losing the same 30 is far better than gaining 90.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    I also read that not only do the BL contestants workout 4-6 hours a day, but the show can also go 10-14 days between weigh ins. It's not always a 7-day week, which makes it very deceptive on how much weight they're actually losing in a "week's time".

3 lbs in 2 weeks is 1.5 lbs per week which is great! Keep it up and consider eating at least 50% of your workout calories to make sure your body is getting enough fuel for your workouts. Keep it up!
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Yes! Eat your exercise calories, because at the very least you might feel less deprived, and it's better to eat them and steadily lose than lose a bunch then hit a plateau. Keep up the good work--you're obviously doing something right if you're losing!
  • caramel827
    caramel827 Posts: 163 Member
    Thanks everyone! Already I feel better about it-even if I did exercise like they do on the Biggest Loser I know I could not keep that up and have a job and a family!

I appreciate all the comments-they are so motivating and keep me going!!!
This discussion has been closed.