Insanity Meal Plan

Options
clarkeje1
clarkeje1 Posts: 1,627 Member
Hey guys,

So I'm going to start a meal plan since my diet has sucked lately and I can't seem to make appropriate choices for myself. I feel like using a diet plan will help get me in the habit of eating right again. So has anyone had any luck with the meal plan from Insanity? 5 Meals, 10 choices each. Plus they have the 100 and 200 calorie food blocks or whatever. Any opinions on this? Successes? Criticisms? I'm excited to hear what you guys have to say on this subject.

Replies

• beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't necessarily go on a diet meal plan per say. Just try eating good food every 2-3 hours and track on MFP along with the exercises that you do. Diet plans do work, but once you go off of them you can gain the weight back.
  • shellr06
    shellr06 Posts: 14
    Options
    I shop fortnightly and write a menu for each fortnight. I include snacks and main meals - it helps me keep track of what I'm buying and what I'm eating.
    Good luck
  • clarkeje1
    Options
    Yeah I just haven't had time to do that. I work 60+ hours a week. I have been able to eat a semi balanced diet in the past but lately I have just been making bad food choices. I feel like a meal plan might jump start my weight loss again and get me into good eating habits.
  • clarkeje1
    Options
    bump. anybody try it?
  • cutiemexiz
    cutiemexiz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I usually eat from whats there. Its not too bad to do, you just may need 3 tupperwares with you (depending on what you decide to have)

I've grown accustomed so I know the nutrition guide pretty well and don't always have to look at it anymore really, only if I'm trying a new recipe from it. I eat every 2-4 hours and I always take a protein shake when I am on the run and make hardboiled eggs ahead of time so I can use that instead of the omlette and put the veggies next to it (raw) to make more of a protein plate rather than an omelet :)

It helps me know how much is 300 calories (thats how much I'm suppose to eat per meal, yours may be more or less) and even if I'm eating something not from the diet, I can figure out how much protein compared to carb I need and eat about 300, give or take a little :)

If you ever have any questions about things, send me a message :) I'll definitely help as much as I can :)