Nurse, Over weight, Need Friends and encouragement

Options
I have been in the nursing field for 5 years. I work in the ER where you never have a set time for anything. Some days your lucky if you get a bathroom break let alone time to sit down for lunch. When I finished nursing school I was around 180 lbs.... over the past 5 years I have steadily packed on the weight.... I now need to loose 175 lbs to get back to my ideal weight. So far I have lost 18 lbs. Any encouragement and advice is welcome.... Especially advice on upper Arm Exercises!!!! Thanks guys!

Replies

• terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me if you like!! You can do this!! :-)
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow ER nurse! I understand your plight :). Fairly worried about maintaining my own weight loss when I return to work off of my maternity leave this coming June.

Feel free to add me!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Log your food religiously and make sure you aren't eating very low calories or it'll backfire. Add tons more veggies into anything you can, drink water or herbal tea, diet jelly is handy when you are starving and have almost zero calories left and it's got lot of protein, try to sleep 7-9 hours a night and don't worry about what time of day you are eating your meals because it's a myth that breakfast will boost metabolism and that you shouldn't eat after dinner. You can if you have calories left! Good luck!
  • felegend
    felegend Posts: 1
    Options
    Good job on the 18lbs!! With upper arms light weights are good (provided you have no injuries) . I use dumbells to work out at home and googled a workout plan. Dumbells are good as they are portable and can be used anywhere, anytime.There is so much online to help and to inspire.