Full Body Dumbbell Workouts

Options
Any suggestions here? I have a couple routines now, but just want to diversify a bit to keep from getting bored and hitting a plateau. Stuff I do now includes: dumbbell snatch; renegade row; dumbbell calf jump; Dumbbell biceps curl; power clean; dumbbell reverse lunge; dumbbell flye; arnold press; dumbbell upright row. I throw in some planks and other core specific stuff for good measure, but is this enough to keep one going indefinitely, or should there be more variety?

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. If you have heavy dumbbells, you can do a dumbbell version of ask the traditional barbell exercises. If they are lighter, you can put together a circuit training routine with lighter stuff, like thrusters and split squats.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    There are many full body dumbbell workouts out there. Currently, I'm doing this one - I don't belong to a gym, so it's very basic: http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-only-home-or-gym-fullbody-workout.html
  • DaWayne360
    DaWayne360 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Look on Jefit.com and down load the app. What I did was look for the muscles I wanted to work and look for dumbbell exercises in that category. It worked great for me.
  • heidi5k
    heidi5k Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • ajcrain
    ajcrain Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • RUNNINxRIOT
    RUNNINxRIOT Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Look on Jefit.com and down load the app. What I did was look for the muscles I wanted to work and look for dumbbell exercises in that category. It worked great for me.
    Cool, thx for the tip. I use the FullFitness app, and have run out of full routines on there.

@DavPul I'm looking mainly for strength, so I'm going heavy with them, no more that 6-8 reps for about 4 sets. I have plates so they're adjustable.
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I use think when I am ready to make up a new workout

http://printableworkouts.com/
  • Nolasmom1223
    Nolasmom1223 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bump for later, thanks.