• Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    why hello there.......

....i mean yes it does work.
  • x3amberx3
    x3amberx3 Posts: 9
    Options
    I dunno yet, it tells me to follow 1200 calories, but have been told that's not enough and I eat less than 20 carbs and I haven't really lost at all. Still trying tho :)
  • bdkglk
    bdkglk Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I joined in April. So far it is working for me and I even like tracking my food and exercise which I thought would be too much hard work. MFP makes this easy for you.
  • Darryl4126
    Darryl4126 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Just started today it at least gives you a good idea of how many calories are consumed
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Look at how much I have lost. I am 62 and joined last August. At my age it should have been harder but I have logged in every day and logged my food, no matter how bad, I have done the hard work with the exercise (no quick fixes here) and before I knew it 52lbs were gone.

I have made some great supportive friends and we have had great fun along the way and plenty of laughs.

So the answer to your question is a great big fat 'yes it does work,. If YOU work.
  • Darryl4126
    Options
    I was told 1880 going to try will be tough
  • Loved1s
    Loved1s Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It's working for me! I like being able to keep track of what I'm eating and how much exercise I'm doing. I've lost more and kept it off using MFP than I have ever before. Also, there are so many people using different methods so you can explore new options for meeting your goals... Whatever they may be. I dig it! ;)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

Pretty certain that isn't enough for you. Most of my guy friends are on over 2000.
  • 2essie
    Options
    Go to Scooby calculator on Google and it will give you a near accurate figure to use for your weight and height etc. It is a good starting point. Once you get your TDEE - your maintenance figure you can then knock off 15 - 20% to start losing the weight safely
  • Loved1s
    Loved1s Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Check out some of the posts about TDEE... 1880 seems low for a man?
  • joannaleasa
    joannaleasa Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    yes I've just come back put 3 kgs on after not being on here.. trying again.. tracking weight food and excersise is great as it keeps you accountable to yourself.
  • Darryl4126
    Options
    I have went from 240 to 228 in 3 weeks just cutting back on portion sizes and working out. I started this today to track my calories for my trainer.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Yes, but.....

Listen to your body. Just because someone eats 1200 calories and loses weight, doesn't mean you will. Experiment and find what works for you, whether in your food intake or exercise. And welcome :) the best of luck to you.
  • Darryl4126
    Options
    Mfp calculated my calories so is it inaccurate???????????????????
  • 2essie
    Options
    Probably. Compare it with Scooby calculator. That is more accurate. Just Google Scooby calculator
  • 2essie
    Options
    Should have said if you are following MVP and you have put yourself down as sedentary then you should eat your exercise calories back..
  • hbfirstlady
    hbfirstlady Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just started on this site on Monday. So far, so good. :drinker:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
  • Darryl4126
    Options
    put myself down as active just checked it still learning how to find all this stuff