Plateau - Help?!

Options
Hi all,

My figures:

SW: 12 stone - 168
CW: 10stone 10lbs - 150
GW: 8 stone - 112
Height: 5ft 4in

I have been dieting since January 2013 (although February I like to forget about as I had a cheat month) and recently my weight loss has come to a complete standstill. I've been around 150 for nearly a month now and it's really getting me down.

I'm not sure where I'm going wrong. :sad:

I eat approximately 1200-1400 calories a day and now exercise daily. Up until 2 weeks ago I was walking 1-2 miles 5 times a week. Last week I started 30DS and although I have noticed my endurance improve, nothing else has changed. I'm feeling a bit disheartened as I haven't been measuring myself in inches so my only real indication of weight loss and improvement is via the scales.

I never cheat. I am an all or nothing eater and if I allow myself one chocolate bar then my diet will be ruined. Sad but true. So I haven't had any 'naughty' food for the 4 months of dieting...why doesn't the scales reflect that?! :noway:

I have lost 42lbs in the past and found it incredibly easy. I put it all back on (and more) and I'm really struggling this time.

Sorry for the long post.

Any advice on how to break this plateau? It would be really appreciated :flowerforyou:

Replies

• gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    We are about the same size. I am 5' 5" and my current weight is 144. I started at 156 in Feb. Since you are doing 30 DS, you may not see scale move. I didn't until almost the end. Also, you may need to add a few more calories. I eat at around 1600. I am still losing well. Eating at 1400 and doing the shred, you may be netting too few calories. That's just my opinion. Good luck!
  • Jaxter888
    Jaxter888 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Have a week eating about 1800-2000 cals a day... yes your weight WILL go up, but will be mostly just water... having a refeed will help.

Do not do more exercise to counteract the extra calories during this time.

Afterwards, continue your defecit.

I also think your cals are a bit low... after the refeed, eat at 1600 cals... track weight.. track adjust every 3weeks... dont take any notice of fluctations between each 3 week period.