Another short-term goal met!

cmw72
cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
edited September 21 in Success Stories
About four years ago (during the Atkins craze), I gave the low-carb thing a run for it's money. I also started spending most of my free time at the gym. I started off around 330lb and managed to get down to 280. But, life got hectic, my free time became nonexistent, and I stopped going to the gym. Eventually at some point I stopped caring about my diet too. My wife got pregnant with our first child and everything else seemed to take a back seat. Eventually, the weight came back, and them some. Over the next few years, I rocketed past my starting point of 330, and found myself pushing 370 in January of 2010.

280 has always been a number in the back of my mind. That's where I was before I completely let myself go. That's where I had to get back to before I could really call any of this progress. For a couple weeks now, I've been closing in. But then I hit a roadblock. Despite the fact that I'm spending like 12 hours a week at the gym, I hit a little mini plateau. For the last week and a half, the scale refused to budge. I was getting progressively frustrated. I was also driving my wife crazy. But I hung in there and I worked out extra hard at the gym.

And this weekend, I was rewarded with a healthy drop on the scale. I weighed in this morning at 279..4. That's officially the lowest I've weighed in at least a decade. When I started this back in January, I just wanted to hit 280 before my scheduled camping trip in August. Here it is, the end of May, and I'm already there. Now I think I might be able to hit 260 by August, which would exceed my wildest dreams.

So thanks to MFP and all the people that make it such a supportive environment. I couldn't do this without you!

My next short-term celebration will be when I cross the 100lb lost mark. :smile:

Replies

• WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    Way to go Chris!
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    You are doing such a good job Chris! You, as I stated before, our my biggest inspiration on here! Keep up the great work and I will keep right on rooting you on. Our Anniversary is June 14th. I am hoping to have 40lbs of by then. I am down to 213 now, and 35lbs off. 5lbs more to go for the next mini goal to be met. I can do this!!
  • jkohan
    jkohan Posts: 184 Member
    Congratulations! You must be feeling so great at getting under that number. WTG! :smile:
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Well done I'm in a rut now finals and papers soon will be over I can then hit the gym more then summers school starts at least its gonna be on-line so I can go at any time. Life does get in the way at times oh well its better than the alturnative
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,760 Member
    That is great!!! Congratulations!!!!
  • HollyBonns
    HollyBonns Posts: 3 Member
    Well done. It is frustrating waiting for the scales to move when you are doing so much work and watching your diet. But you proved it does move, just got to be patient (I will remember that)!

Cheers
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    That is awesome Chris! You are doing an awesome job!
  • lab_goddess
    lab_goddess Posts: 170 Member
    Good job! I've met a few mini goals, and no amount of sweets feels as great!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    That is awesome! Good for you!! :happy:
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Congrats!!! That is fantastic!!! Keep up the great work!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    sooo awesome...thanks for sharing your success...it makes me even more eager to get to my much sought after 199....
    at this point i dont even care where i go after that LOL, i just want to be in the 100s....
    congrats and keep up the good work...
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!