driving me crazy

Options
So This Morning I Weighed 3 Pounds More Than What I Did On Monday Ands Its Driving Me Crazy How Is This Possible . Its Not Menstrual Because Im Actually Due For For Ovulation Tomorrow. I Ate To Much Sodium On WednesdayBut Its Now Friday And Ive Been Feeling Fat . Does Anyone Gain Weight During Their FertilE And OvulatingDays ?

Replies

• drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Wednesday I was 224.8. Thursday I was 230. Water is the culprit.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Yes and it's probably water weight. Drink plenty of water. The weight should drop in a few days.
  • nnm1976
    nnm1976 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I gain 5-10lbs ALL THE TIME!! I also crave anything salty and chocolatey! It's water weight, I usually amp up my workouts around that time and try to eliminate anything salty (easier said than done sometimes). Don't get discouraged! You will be back to normal soon enough!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Try going poop.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    A rise in estrogen causes water retention. That is at ovulation and at TOM.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    water, sodium, hormones...yeah...they all suck, and the scale is just evil. You'll be back down in a few days.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    FIrst, quit weighing yourserlf so much. Your body weight fluctuates for all KINDS of reasons - hormones (whether at TOM or ovulation), salt, weather, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Second, since you know you ate lots of Salt Wednesday, yes, water weight is likely the culprit. Drink more water, and your body will likely let it go. I can always tell when I have too much salt, because I always feel like I can't drink enough water.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Estrogen is highest in the first half of the cycle and falls thereafter. It's progesterone that rises once ovulation occurs and stays high until just before TOM.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    FIrst, quit weighing yourserlf so much. Your body weight fluctuates for all KINDS of reasons - hormones (whether at TOM or ovulation), salt, weather, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Second, since you know you ate lots of Salt Wednesday, yes, water weight is likely the culprit. Drink more water, and your body will likely let it go. I can always tell when I have too much salt, because I always feel like I can't drink enough water.

Water doesn't really help with water retention from sodium. Water is managed in our bodies by electrolytes; sodium/potassium (primarily) and magnesium/calcium (secondary). These electrolytes are paired together to maintain water balance. If you are defecient in one or have too much of another, then the balance is thrown off and you retain water. To counteract an increase in sodium, you have to increase your potassium.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

Estrogen is highest in the first half of the cycle and falls thereafter. It's progesterone that rises once ovulation occurs and stays high until just before TOM.

Both cause water retention. It's just that TOM does it moreso than ovulation.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Both cause water retention. It's just that TOM does it moreso than ovulation.

We just can't win then lol
  • nancyrom
    nancyrom Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    TYdrated Im Trying To Not Allow It To.Bother Me But Somehow It Does , I Have Been Feeling Extremely Dehydrated Even Tho Ive Been Drinking Lots Of Water , My MouthHas Been Really Dry , I Will Limit The Sodium Intake Today And Est As Pure As Possible . It Has To Be OvulationAs Well I Am Extremely Sensative To Everything That Goes OnIn My Body I Feel It All , Ive Just Never Felt This Bloated Too. Like My Jeans Were ThightEr Yesterday Too ! It Was Driving Me crazy
  • nancyrom
    Options
    No We Camt Win Lol ! ,If Its Not One Thing Its AnotheR. The Joys Of Being A Female :)
  • nancyrom
    Options
    Ohhh Noooo So Today Is Official Ovulating Day And I Weighed 5 Pounds Heavier Than On Monday , How Can This Be !!!!# I Usually Gp Up 1 Or 2 Pounds Not 5 , And I.know Im.not Over Eating .Does ThIsHappen To Anyone elsrn
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Don't let weight rule your life. You sound like you might be weighing a bit to much if you are all flabergasted over it. Just keep swimming.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Ohhh Noooo So Today Is Official Ovulating Day And I Weighed 5 Pounds Heavier Than On Monday , How Can This Be !!!!# I Usually Gp Up 1 Or 2 Pounds Not 5 , And I.know Im.not Over Eating .Does ThIsHappen To Anyone elsrn

Weight can fluctuate several pounds in either direction on any given day. Lots of factors, from water retention to swelling of muscles due to exercise to PMS to the exact place your scale is resting.

Give it a few days and then see where you are. It sounds like you are doing the right things. It will pay off eventually.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

It also causes random capitalization.

OP - Get lots of water, stop panicking - it will work out. I can easily fluctuate 5 lbs up and down because of what I ate, how much water I drank, when I exercised, when I last when to the toilet, etc. It will work out - I promise.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

It also causes random capitalization.

OP - Get lots of water, stop panicking - it will work out. I can easily fluctuate 5 lbs up and down because of what I ate, how much water I drank, when I exercised, when I last when to the toilet, etc. It will work out - I promise.

this^

Also, the capitalization is driving ME crazy...is it me, or does it make it harder to read?
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

this^

Also, the capitalization is driving ME crazy...is it me, or does it make it harder to read?

I actually found out my phone does that. When I leave comments on MFP via my phone, it capitalizes every word, no matter where in the sentence it is. :embarassed:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

I think the random capitalization was intentional. It was meant to represent the OP being driven to LuNaCy by the scale.