"the donut hole doesn't have any calories"

Options
so today, so far, is a good day! taking the skinny saturday challenge, and need to double my exercise. but todays sucess was this morning with a group of people... we were in the car and decided to stop and take a break, and they agreed on a donut shop... now on the way to the shop i started thinking about what i wanted to eat. (now this place has amazing donuts and breakfast sandwhiches that are so good it's redonculous!) but then i started thinking about the calories in the sandwhich (averaged 320 - 400) but then i stated thinking "well i already had breackfast, i'm not actually hungary, and it isn't snack time for another hour (a snack i already had packed in my purse).

So before i even get to the donut shop my mind is made up; I wasn't going to have anything, just stick to the water until it was time to have a snack... And i was glad that i was predetermined not to have anything, because i was definitely tempted... walked in (the smell was breath taking) and went straight to sit down... my friend was offering to pay and kept asking me if i wanted anything "No thankyou" i would reply.

So my friends (with my adopted grandmother) come to sit down near me, with their lovely dounut of choice and side of dounut holes. and they sat down and offered me their dougnut holes, but i declined. and then later they pushed the doughnut holes on me again "you know the center of the doughnut doesn't have any calories" said one "yeah all of the calories are in the outside of the doughnut!" said the other... But even with their very sound and tempting logic.. i was able to decline yet again... YES!! i said no to the doughnut.

But i can't say no to the eggrolls... which is what my freinds mom made today... i mean the next time i get a chance to have then could be years from now... so the best i can do is to continue with my serioius work outs!! too bad my freind didn't call me before i already had lunch!

Replies

• smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Although their logic was sound, lol, good job for resisting. I agree with the egg roll thing, too. I'd eat an eggroll over a donut any day!!!
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    That was a lot of pressure! You did great resisting.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    YES!! Good for you!! Boy, you're friends were persistent! Way to go!!
  • Makai
    Makai Posts: 43
    Options
    I am so proud of you too!!! Keep up the good work...tempation is a *****.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!