Upping calories.

Options
So I've been eating 1380 calories for the past 2.5 months. I managed to lose 19 lbs, but I've realized everything is slowing down and this week I've gained. I looking into scooby for my BMR:1507 and my TDEE:2073. Clearly I'm not eating enough, especially since I haven't been eating back my calories and I'm typically under. I'd really like to start doing this much healthier. With my TDEE being 2073 I should be eating 20% less from what I've been reading. Is this correct, making my daily goal 1658? I'm worried about adding that much is, but I want to do this the right way. I've vowed to put the scale away for the next 4 weeks since I've been really stressing over that. Any help and input would be great. My diary is open. I don't eat clean, and I don't eat 'healthy' by most people's standars. I'm honestly trying to get help and do it the right right, so let's try to avoid being rude, please.

Also, any suggestions on how I should be working out. I know everyone says heavy lifting, but I'm just not sure what that entails. I do have a gym membership, maybe I should schedule a personal trainer session.

Replies

• stefa711
    stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Since you're only 5 lbs away from your goal, you probably should eat at TDEE -15%. That being said, I wouldn't add all of your calories at once. That big of a difference so quickly may cause an unwanted gain. Slowly make your way up from 1380 to your TDEE -15% (1762).

Also, for me, weight loss happened a lot faster when I stopped eating processed food and eating more clean foods. Try making small changes every week and it will really add up :)
  • ForABetterMe89
    Options
    Since you're only 5 lbs away from your goal, you probably should eat at TDEE -15%. That being said, I wouldn't add all of your calories at once. That big of a difference so quickly may cause an unwanted gain. Slowly make your way up from 1380 to your TDEE -15% (1762).

Also, for me, weight loss happened a lot faster when I stopped eating processed food and eating more clean foods. Try making small changes every week and it will really add up :)

I have 5 lbs until I hit 150. That's my first goal. I'm fairly short, not quite 5'3'. Eventaully I would like to get down to 140, so really I'm about 15 lbs away. Does that make a difference? I agree with not adding it all at once. Shold I add 100 calories this month and then add another the following, or like every 2 weeks?
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I would focus on eating back exercise calories first, then add 100 calories per day for a week each week till I hit goal.