Spray Tanning

statickey
statickey Posts: 309 Member
Ok, have any pale girls out there tried spray tanning? I kinda want to try it but I dont want to look insane....

Replies

• JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    I've tried it, since I don't do real tans or tanning beds. If you go to a good quality salon and have it done, they turn out really well, and you can't tell they're not "real".

I will say however, don't expect them to last a really long time. Mine looked good for about two weeks, but after that got a little splotchy around the knees, elbows and ankles. Also, make sure you exfoliate really well before you have it done.

Good luck!

ETA: And don't let people encourage you to get into tanning beds or lay out if you're not comfortable with it. Also there's nothing wrong with just being pale!
  • ainsleybtown
    ainsleybtown Posts: 484
    did it yesterday and it looks amazing. Makes you look more toned too. my new addiction. I don't lay out in the sun or tanning beds.
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    The chemicals used in spray tan and self tan aren't particularly healthy...embrace your colour!
    Most look orange anyway :laugh:
  • kklemarow
    kklemarow Posts: 167 Member
    I've only done it twice, both times it was airbrushed on. It looked great - I'm really pale so I didn't go too bronzed, just enough to get a good glow. Only downside is that it smells & you're not supposed to shower for 12 hours after.

I'm not too sure about the automated machines that do it but if it's anything like that episode of Friends where Ross goes for the spray tan, you might want to steer clear.
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member

I'm not too sure about the automated machines that do it but if it's anything like that episode of Friends where Ross goes for the spray tan, you might want to steer clear.

:laugh: I loved that episode!
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    I wouldn't do it. It doesn't last long and just doesn't seem natural.

Spend an afternoon or two in the sun with some tanning oil. You'll definitely get better results.
  • kklemarow
    kklemarow Posts: 167 Member

:laugh: I loved that episode!

Haha, ya. Makes me laugh thinking about it.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Women and cars: who cares about the paint job as long as the ride is smooth and there's plenty of room in the trunk?
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Some really good ones that look cool, but i hate her spray tan days...

She has to wear baggy clothes and no makeup on the way down and sneaks in hoping no one will see her that way !!

As if thats not enough she goes on light duty back home, obviously doesnt have a bath or shower that night and in bed i have to stay more than on my side and her side of the sheets have been known to be brown where shes layed and then when we finally get to go out she has to avoid certain clothes as it has a habbit of staining them around the armpit.

She has been on the sunbed rather than the spray tan this year but i havnt asked her why !!!
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    I got one once. It looked good for a couple days. Then I broke out in red bumps everywhere that started bleeding. So, that wasn't cool. Then, it started fading in like a little windowpane pattern. Needless to say, I haven't done it since.
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Thanks for all the great feedback!!! I've never tanned in the sun so whats the point of a tanning bed? I just burn and go back to a little darker shade of pale. I just dont want to blind people at the pool this summer!
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Thanks for all the great feedback!!! I've never tanned in the sun so whats the point of a tanning bed? I just burn and go back to a little darker shade of pale. I just dont want to blind people at the pool this summer!

yep ,no use to me but she s been on 4 times this year and has swapped over to her darker summer foundation to match her body and has a lovely "tanned" redy brown look all over already..
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    I do. I don't tan I burn. I always get dark chocolate. But not the spray machine you stand in. I recommend the one where the person airbrushed you lol. It's way nicer. Just make sure your not orange.