Today's the day

Options
I have a doctor's appointment today to get some vaccines. I normally don't have an issue going to the doctor. But I'm kind of nervous for today. I've been counting my calories all week and I'm hoping that I have lost at least a pound or 2. I'm hoping for 2. The last time I weighed myself I was at 185. I don't want to step on that scale and see that I have in fact gone up another 5 lbs. If that happens it'll probably ruin my whole day. And possibly my weekend which will suck because it's my birthday weekend.

I know I shouldn't expect any major results since I've only been counting calories for a week. But I've also been working out for way to long and haven't seen any results. So I'm hoping that with this whole calorie counting thing I'll finally be able to see some weight loss.

Replies

• onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    If it was me, I would simply not even look at the scale. I would give it more time. I would tell them not to tell me. How do your clothes fit?

Hanging your emotions on a scale number is dangerous. I take measurements weekly and try not to jump on the scale all the time, because water, a meal, last nights meal in the colon, can all throw off your "weight".

Plus, I prefer a tried and true home scale, with me in the nude, first thing in the morning. It's like taking some of the variables out of the mix.